02 February 2006

GIRL POWER

Ok so I have been racking my brain all day thinking "what can I write about" Nothing was coming to me. Well this afternoon I decided to start raking the back yard, I then found my story. Beings that I am a Navy wife, being a single mother comes along with the job title. I am only a single mom part of the year but it still sucks. I end up being the husband and the wife all rolled into one person. Now I do not want everyone thinking that I depend on my husband for everything. I can do just about all of the things that he does and some of them I do better. I was brought up in a family with a independent mother, I also had my mom-mom and my Aunt Carol as role models and they showed me that women can do anything with out the help of a man. I feel bad sometimes because I do not let my husband have the chance to do things because I get to them first. So far since the freaking submarine has taken over our lives once again this fall I have managed to hang Christmas lights on the house and get on the roof to do it. I have also sat on the roof and tried to coax my stupid cat out of the tree, which ended up being a neighborhood rescue. Thank God they are all friendly here. I have raked my back yard not once but twice and burned all of the leaves. I have taken the vaccuum apart and fixed the switch. The list goes on and on, and I still had time to be a mother and do the chores like laundry, fix lunches, doctors appointments, and so on. It scares me though that I am bringing up my boys to see a woman that can do all of these things, will they come to expect it from future women in their lives. I mean I guess I could include them in the chores and work and teach them but it is usually easier for me to do it then have a lot of help. Also being a Navy wife you are more than likely not living near family. So therefore when the kids act up or I am tired and need a break, I have no one to turn to and they have nowhere to go!! These kids are getting to me and I still have a couple of weeks alone left! So therefore I bury myself in odds and ends around the house where I know that they will leave me alone. But that doesnt seem to work either. I am only human and my nerves are only so short!!! But at the end of the day I love these children and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always seen you as a strong woman. I understand what you mean about the boys seeing you do so much and thinking thats the way it is. But you and your husband have good values that I know you will teach them. When they are old enough they will understand why mom had to do so much. Having them help with chores will probably help that too.

2/03/2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home