08 February 2006

My trip home!!!

Well I am back from my trip to Alabama, the father in law is doing well. That is great, he got out of the hospital the day we left. I don't know what it is about hospitals but I think that they are really cool. I think that is why it must be my calling. To think that one place carries out all of the journies of life, birth, repair, and death. I think that they science of medicine is incredible. Well while at home I got my hair cut and colored by my most favorite hair dresser in the whole world,(love ya Tammy). She is awesome, she can cut hair like there is no tomorrow. While stationed in Connecticut the only time I got my hair cut was when we came home on leave and she was at the top of my list of things to do. My hair dresser is awesome, she came to my mothers house and did everything. I like to think if it as my own private spa experience. I was well over due for a new doo. Its something about self beautification that just makes your life a little easier for a while. Kind of like my friend Mimi and the new shoes, those little things in life make such a big difference. I took my friend Alison and her daughter home to Alabama with me, she is so cool to travel with we have so much fun. I wish she could have been my sister, heck maybe she was in a past life. Well while in Alabama, I showed her my old redneck stomping ground!!! And my little brother taught he to shoot her first gun, a 22. I think that really made her trip. I like to say we redneckafied her, maybe she has always had it buried down deep inside of her. Heck maybe everyone has a little redneck in them. What is a redneck you may ask, well my definition is a person who knows how to have a good time and not worry about what anyone else thinks, does, or says about it. That sounds good now doesnt it. Now there are different degrees of the redneck but we just wont go there, too much drama!!! Like I have said before I am proud of my roots, even know I was a transplant from the north to the south. I grew up having the best time at everything I did, and I have so many memories, good, bad and crazy. Well we got home on Sunday and I got a letter from my hubby on Monday so it has been a decent week so far. The kids are always driving me nuts, whats new!!! But my husband should be home relativly soon so I am excited and trying to get through everyday, that is just one less than I will have to do tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison shooting a gun! OMG! Glad I am not in Alabama! LOL! I am glad your father in law is doing better! And I am glad you got to see your hairdresser. That can always perk you up! I am also very glad Ashley is coming home soon! I know it must be tough with him gone. But I imagine the homecoming is really exciting!

2/09/2006 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home