27 April 2006

Wait its about my Weight!!!!


Well it seems that there is a common theme this week on blogger, weight loss/gain, and children. Well I am going to talk about my weight problem, I have always battled my weight. As a child my mother had to buy me Pretty Plus sized clothes from Sears, this is the equivalent of Husky sizes for girls. I have always been the overweight one in the family and I have all of these cousins who are curvy and beautiful. I really feel self conscience when around them. I mean these girls can wear anything off the store racks. I on the other hand have to shop in the womens department and no offense to my readers but in the womens department there is nothing cute and young. Well it is starting to reach out to your younger crowd. Men really have it great, weight is really not an issue unless they are morbidly obese and not able to move. Women are constantly shunned by society for being fat and/or ugly. When I was in High School, 9th grade I weighed over 200lbs. I look back and wonder why did my mother let me get to this point? Couldn't she have done something to stop me. When I was young she was slim and always exercising. But after 2 back to back pregnancies she ballooned and now those kids are 15 nd 17 and she is coming back down and looks real good. Well my 10th grade year I became interested in boys and got me a boyfriend, first mistake he told me that my hips were wider than your average girls so I started the weight loss plan from hell. I basically starved myself I was 122 pounds and my lowest I am 5'11" and looked deathly my mom threatned me with hospitalization if I did not start eating. Slowly I gained weight I think I stuck around 160 for a couple of years until baby number 1. I gained 60 pounds with this child and I think after his birth I gained 20 more, started working it off I got to 190 and married my current husband but I have constantly had to deny myself of so many things to keep my weight down. I hated eating out because I hated eating. Then came baby number 2 only gained 30 pounds with him but I ended up gaining like 30 more after he was born and here we are 3 year later and I am still trying to get the weight to come off. I am always self conscious of the way I look and I get moody when I start thinking of my weight. I joined weight watcher almost 2 years ago and I have succeeded and failed at the weight game. I have quit and rejoined many many times. Well here I am again, I have been doing the weight watchers thing again for 9 or so months and I have lost 22 pounds now. I have 30 more that I definatly want to lose just to put me under 200. Ahhh there you all know now I am a fat ass sitting on my computer all of the time. My biggest peeve is people that say, "I don't know why I am fat, I never eat." I always want to snap back and say, "Look you did not get that way just breathing." A fellow blogger is going to try and start some sort of weight loss weigh in on Tuesdays, her name is Lori. I am really looking foward to doing this with her and hopefully I will reach my goal before the Summer is out!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

Weight is always such an issue. When I was younger I was thin...then when the babies started coming I got heavier with each one. Then I went on a diet and lost it all....now I am chubbing up again...but this time I dont care as much...Im older..I love to cook and I love to eat. I am not obese but am certainly chubby....then these double d's make me look heavier than I am. The way I lost it was I went on the adkins diet and only ate meat and salads....I love meat so it wasnt hard for me to do. I know some say it is not a healthy diet...and I walked every day. I felt much healthier then than I do now. I am not recommending adkins..I am only saying it worked for me. Also I drank tons of water. They say...you gain it right back when you go off of it...thats the way it is with any diet. I sympathize with you..I know its hard.

4/27/2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am glad you shared your story and I am really glad you were able to come back after statving yourself. What really gets me is people who do not have a weight problem think we are lazy. They do not realize how hard it is. My goal is 30 pounds too and I want to reach it by Sept. 1st! You inspired me today because I am so hungry today and I did a bad blog....so thanks again and keep it up. Think of how hot you will look the end of August and then all the new clothes come out. My husband and I have an anniversary in Sept. so I want look good then. Now if I had a pretty face to go with the body, I would really be happy!

4/27/2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Catch..I tried Atkins not once but 3 times and ugh, I am not a huge meat eater so I got tired of it real quick. I mean sure I enjoyed eating all of the bad things that I had denied myself for so long but enough was enough. My hubby and I did it together are got quite creative with out meals. The worst though was pork chops battered in crushed pork skins. Turned me off for life!!!

4/27/2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

So glad I found this post. It's nice to hear someone else say some of the same things I'm saying. I'm on a real weight-loss drive right now. I'm eating less and moving more and it's helping my self-esteem already - and it hasn't hit my waistline too much yet (I just got started). Anyway, good luck to you. My goal is 88 pounds before next May 2.

4/27/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

kristi...

i never tried the pork chops in pork rinds...yuck..i could not eat the pork rinds at all! But I did put the pork chops on the grill and always enjoyed them, the only thing I really missed was spaghetti, sweets, potato chips, coke,mashed potatoes, bread...need I go on??? hahahahah

4/27/2006 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it! I didn't think I could but I have almost made it and I know you can too! I swear by Hoodia! It helps me a lot. But everyone is different. I think all of us doing it on Loris blog will help us all. And I know it ain't easy with the way our hubbys eat!

4/27/2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

As one who fought the weight thing for all of life I wish you could luck. TC reviews all the diets on his blog today. They all fail. Eat less-walk more.

4/28/2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like we've all got a bit to lose. I lost a lot on Atkins, but gained it back because it gets so boring. Also it's not good for you long term.

Best of luck with it, anyway.

4/28/2006 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really interesting blog about 3 acid fatty found omega researcher. In a similar vain to 3 acid fatty found omega researcher, I've found the richest, purest omega-3 EFP fish oil supplement on the market. My health has improved dramatically - both physical and mental. I've been taking MorEPA now for about 6 months and I cannot emphasize how much this supplement have helped me to cope with anxiety and depression. The supplements can be ordered from **wwwomega3.com**. I'd also recommend daily exercise.

2/14/2007 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home