11 April 2006

A Unique Dining Experience




Have you ever notice how when people are on vacation they always come back and tell you about all of the good places they ate at and all of the good things they ate. I guess us as American's we love to eat!!! Well my husband and I had the ultimate dining experience last night. We ventured to this place called The Grate Steak. This was a cook your own steak restaurant. I was telling someone else about this and they said, "If you have to cook it yourself, then why even go out to eat, just stay at home." It the ambiance and experience that made it great. Well you start out by choosing the type of steak that you want and the size, then you go to the salad bar, which was excellent. Then they bring a hunk of raw steak to your table and when you are ready to cook you make your way to the grill room where you prepare your steak over live charcoal. At the grill they have things to put on your steak, like butter, season salt, pepper, garlic, montreal steak seasoning. So you basically have at it and create your own masterpiece. You can take your drinks with you and socialize with the other people cooking, so it is a total interactive dining experience. They also have baked potatoes for you to put on the grill, they are already cooked but you finish them, and then you can make your own texas toast on the grill too. The whole time you are left to do what ever you want and your waitress will come and check on you every so often to see if you need anything. Then when your steak is done, you can take your potato to the potato bar, and make your way to the table. I really enjoyed this and it was right up my husbands alley, he is an avid griller and this was just the experience for him. My son on the other hand, ate fries. That is it, he is just a pickey little thing, I guess he just doesnt know what he missed.

As for this hotel experience, there is absolutly nothing to do, we bought the son a scooter to play on since there is no playground in walking distance. I think I will take him to the track in a bit and let him ride around, and I have to do the laundry too. Hey I thought this was a vacation, but I still have to do the clothes. Thank god I have a laptop and some internet to help me keep my sanity.

Till tommorrow my friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My husband and I LOVE steak! I am with your son, though, on fries...love those, too!

I think I will use your idea to blog on a date my husband and I had at a similar restaurant.

Hope you find something fun to do....Lori

4/11/2006 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a neat idea. I am not wild about steak though. And I would probably not like what I did to it! LOL! But I know that Ash must have loved it!

4/11/2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I love steak....I would so enjoy cooking it on the grill...sounds like a great experience!!!

4/11/2006 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home