20 March 2006

My husband left again!!!!!

Well once again, the needs of the US Navy, come before the needs of MY family. My husband has been sent to school in Norfolk VA. Its not as bad as when he goes out to sea, at least I get to talk to him daily. I just hate the fact that he has been home for 3 weeks and now he is off again. It is sort of hard for our 3 year old to understand. My hubby is going to a Command Career Counselor school, basicaly his job will now be to help steer these guys in the right direction of their career. This is a huge thing for him, and he will have more respect than before. Plus a nice $100+ raise every month. The money is going to be real nice. I am sure in his head he has already spent it too. Well we had to get him already for his trip and he has to get his uniforms together and he notices the night before he leaves that the pants he needs Monday morning, there is a huge hole in the ass of them. UGH! Now this mean I have got to either sew or we've got to buy and hem the pants on Sunday morning before he leaves. (The pants come unfinished at the bottom and really really long) He has to be on the road by 1pm and he also said he would fix my neighbors sink. So up by 8am, fixing the sink, then off to the base to get the pants, thank god my grandmother was here to hem them. We got him on the road right at 1pm! Whew...men!! And they think that women have issues!!!!
He is going to be gone for a month this time, so I am sure that I will have stories of my part-time single mom, journies!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger KimberlyDi said...

I'm sure you'll miss him while he's gone. I was a Navy brat and my Dad was gone for 8-9 months at a time. It was difficult for my mother.

Hang in there & congrats on his promotion!

Thanks for your visit

3/20/2006 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are a strong woman and good mom! You will do fine! It always happens that just before they go away something happens to their uniform. Sugar piked in Hubbys shoe the morning of a interview once!

3/20/2006 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home