02 March 2006

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday!!


Well my son came home from school today and informed me that today was Dr. Seuss' birthday. I really liked the Cat in the Hat book and I really did not mind the Mike Meyers movie version. My friends daughter had a Green Eggs & Ham breakfast at school today to celebrate the occasion. I really do not remember ever doing anything that cool. One time in Kindergarten I cut my finger with, of all things, a plastic butter knife while making applesauce. I think that they schools are way more creative now then when I was a student. But I am sure that my kids will probably look back and say the same thing. Kids, they sure do grow up fast, my oldest son is 7 and it is so hard to look at him as anything other then my little baby boy. It is so hard to think of the ways that they used to be, so sweet and innocent. They sure do grow up quick. My mother in law always says, "the first 2 years you spend teaching them to walk and talk, and the next 16 you are trying to teach them to sit down and shut up!" That is so true. My 3 year old is turning into such a riot though, he has a ton of personality in him. A free spirit, some may say. It is amazing how 2 children can come from the same home but be totally different. I do not thing I will have much to worry about when the oldest becomes a teenager, but I see many nights of lost sleep and calls from police with the other one, he is destined for trouble!
Well now that the husband is home, my eating habits have gone to hell, I lost 20 pounds in 2 months without him here and I have gained back 8 in the week he has been home. He brings temptation to every meal. Ugh, What am I to do??? I felt so good after my weight loss and I had and still have every intention to keep it up, but it will just be harder now with him here I guess. He is going to school in Virginia for a month so I hope to bounce back during that time. Keep your fingers crossed. Well I will post monster truck pictures and tell you all about it in the next post. But we had an awesome time!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time at the monster truck show. I don't remember doing anything that cool in school either. Back then I remember kids still got spanked and teachers got away with cussing at us! I know how a hubby can wreck a diet! It is so hard! Moderation had really been working for me lately. I always feel better physically and mentally when I eat well. So when tempted I try to think of that. Sometimes it works, some not. How long will hubby be in Virgina? Whenever we visit my in laws in FL we will have to try to visit!

3/02/2006 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home