18 March 2006

I need a Motrin and a Nap!!!!!

Well I partied like an Irish animal last night. I drank my fair share of green beer. Boy oh Boy!!! Went out around 8:30, had my designated driver drop us off (it was nice to have one), and the fun began. Have you ever noticed that when you go out the best conversations and best drama takes place in the bathroom. I swear I went in to pee after about 5 beers and I do not think I emerged until 20 minutes later and I think I had 4 new friends and you better believe that everytime I saw them the rest of the night it was like I had known them all of my life. And somehow everytime I made another trip to the bathroom, there these people were. I met some really interesting people, one lady was hiding out from her hubby, he was jealous that some man had bought his wife a beer, but I look at it as it was a free drink, right!!! Then there was this other chick, and she was leaving her husband but she just had found out that she might have cervical cancer, so she wanted me to hold her hand for a second. It is funny how you become these peoples best friend in just a matter of minutes, and they just want to spill their guts and tell you their life story. Drunk people are fun, and funny at the same time. There was one dude and he was beyond drunk I cant believe that he could even function, he was dancing all by himself and he looked messed up. And I being the crazy one I am made it out there to dance with him, I then drug my friend Alison out there and pawned her off on him. At the end of the evening I fell, I always do it is sort of like my going out tradition, I am a cheap and sloppy drunk. And I swore that I would not fall this time but it happened anyway. We got home around 3:30 am, and I had to spend the day with my visiting family in St. Augustine, and let me tell you, I felt like crap, I looked like crap. I was bloated, and tired. But I stuck it out and I am ready to go to bed now, at 8pm on a Saturday night, is that pathetic or what?! But apparently I met a girl in the bathroom and she invited me to a party tonight, and she even called me today to make sure that I was coming to the party. She must be delerious, I am not party material anymore. I have 2 kids and a house to clean.....jeez where are her priorities....ha ha ha.....ahhhh to be young and free again.
I do not know if I have mentioned Alison, she lived in Connecticut by me and then left her husband when the got stationed in Va and she moved to Georgia. Well she has been really lonely and really has had a hard time finding a date. She has had 2 quick unsucessful relationships since she got here in October. I am stuck trying to find her a guy, we sort of set her up with a guy off of my husbands boat and he was not interested in her and I think that really put her down last night. He really would not make eye contact or converstation with her. He told someone else at our table that he was not interested but he was afraid that he would hurt my feelings. I really did not really forsee that the whole set up would work but we tried and she is not his type. She hasnt divorced yet, she is still in the process and I told her that she needs to take time for her self before she settles into another relationship. She just lets her emotions get the best of her and when she gets down in the dumps, she is down for a while. I keep telling her that she needs to find a man on her own but it is kind of hard when she doesnt go anywhere or do anything. I am married and the single scene is really not for me. But yet I hate to see her sad, what is a good friend to do?


The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live - Elbert Hubbard

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about Alison's situation. But she needs time to heal whether she thinks it or not. Plus when you are looking for love, you do not find it. I am gald you got out and had a good time. And you met some new people!Don't feel bad about going to bed so early on a Saturday night. We do it all the time!

3/19/2006 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home