12 March 2006

Spring Fever


It has been so incredibly warm here in Georgia, I guess it is supposed to be this time of year. We have had some awesomely beautiful days the past week. The temps this weekend are in the 80's. I am really enjoying the weather. I lived in Connecticut for the past 3 springs, and spring isn't normal there, I have seen snow as late as April. In matter of fact the picture shown here, I took in England in 2003, after escaping snow just 3 days before in CT. It was freezing cold in CT and balmy hot in London. Anyway, isnt this picture beautiful it is one of my favorites, I took it right by Buckingham Palace. My best friend, Alison and I decided we needed a "mom's" vacation and decided that London was the place to do it. We crammed everything into 1 week and had some awesome experiences to write home about!!!
Anyway yesterday I was outside with the kids, I couldn't take being in the house anymore, it was too pretty!!! But I noticed that all of the bugs were coming out of hiding. I do not care for bugs, we get these huge Palmetto Bugs here, they look like overgrown 3 inch long roaches. They are disguesting and scary at the same time. I can deal with almost anything but them. The problem you see it they occasionally make it in the house and they know how to fly. I have a Palm tree in the front yard and everyone says that is where they come from, hence the name Palmetto. Well last night I had my first of the season, he crawled across the living room floor, I got smart though, I wasnt going to battle him with your normal shoe, or magazine. I took a minute collected myself before the little booger took flight, I got the vaccuum and sucked him up. I then placed it in the garage. I felt that was more humane than smashing his guts on the wall and having to clean it up. It was mess free!!! I think I will call an exterminator, I hate these things and they are my only "bug" that I see here. I guess the fact it looks like one of those cockroaches they eat on survivor and fear factor just freaks me out. We get lizards and frogs but the kids handle them. Or the cats if they get to them first. I found a lizard carcass one day and it was just a body with some teeth marks, no legs, no tail. My cat was the culprit, I guess now that the lizards have reemerged I can cut back on buying cat food...Ha Ha

Till tommorrow, I am going to enjoy the day today

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous - Aristotle

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative way to get rid of a bug,lol! Ya know when a cat leaves a dead thing for you like that it is there way of giving you a present!

3/12/2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

That is a beautiful picture. I am ready for the spring. We have had the warmth but I am ready for the color.

3/14/2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home