09 March 2006

The Wal Mart Experience

When you are in the store with your kids and they are acting up have you ever taken the time to listen to the other parents around you? Today while in wal-mart, my darling little ones were being a little unruly. As I passed down every aisle I noticed that I had to keep telling them to be quiet and act right. Then the thought occured, what a horrible mother to keep constantly telling your children to act right, are they really being that bad? I then went into sort of a daze as I continued my shopping, I tuned out my own kids and then I honed in on other parents and their children. Alas, I am not ALONE!!! I heard more and more parents spitting out their own petty threats and comments about their own children. Usually I am so focused on what my kids are doing that I never hear the other ones. I wonder, is there a single parent out there that actually has an enjoyable shopping experience, with their kid everytime they step into a store. Not it my Wal-Mart today, I do not think there was a parent enjoying their time in the store. When I lived in Connecticut, the grocery store Big Y had a good thing going, child care while you shopped now, that must have been a seriously annoyed mothers idea. Wal-Mart should do the same, they would make a killing.

Here is my thought for today, I read it on a sign:
Be Content with What you Have but never with who you are!!!
Its a good one isnt it!!!
But what does it really mean for you personally? Take a moment and think about it, I know I have spent a lot of time pondering!!!!

Till tomorrow

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a great one!

3/09/2006 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home