17 March 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Well first off, a nice pinch to all of my readers who are not donning their green wear today. Here is a little Irish trivia for you today, Shamrocks have been considered good-luck symbols by the Irish since early times, and shamrocks or various representations of the plant are frequently worn on Saint Patrick's Day. The hop clover is widely accepted as the original shamrock picked by Saint Patrick. The name shamrock comes from the Irish Seamrog, which means "little clover." I am so excited, tonight is the first St. Patty's day since I have been of legal drinking age that I will have the opportunity to go out. Woo Hoo. Start pouring the green beer!!! My grandmother and my mother are in town and going to watch the kids. My husband and I are going to a local hangout where we know the manager and we are meeting a bunch of the people from his boat. My hubby is leaving for Virginia on Sunday, he has a school to attend for a month but it will also come with a pay increase once he has completed so this event of going out is coming at the right time.
I feel that I have really slacked on my blog since he has been home and I hope to be in full swing again soon. I have attempted to post a couple of times and then erased everything I wrote, I felt it was silly or that I was just looking for something to write about. I guess that this blog is sort of like that too.


Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it - J. Petit Senn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not wearing green-pinches to me!
Have a great night out girl! Drink one for me!

3/17/2006 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home