28 March 2006

I've been neglecting my blog :-(

I have just noticed how long it has been since I last posted. I am a horrible blogger! Things have been really hectic around here, especially with the hubby gone. I have not had a lot of me time. I had intended to post last night after the kids went to bed but I fell asleep on the sofa shortly after they did. This weekend was relativley calm, until Sunday night. My eldest son was with his dad this weekend and came home not feeling well. He woke up Monday with a sore throat, yup strep again!!!!! What am I going to do with these kids. This is the 3rd documented case for him in 5 weeks. We know the pediatrician and staff on a first name basis. The youngest one was in there last week for yet another ear infection. He is getting tubes put back in his ears next Tuesday and I am trying to get the older one through to the end of the school year so we do not miss anymore days than we need too, they are going to take his tonsils! Sometimes I get the feeling that I can't win or come out ahead. I know that it is not all about me and the health of my children is number one. What kills me is the people that do not take care of their kids and they never get hurt or sick, then you have the protective parents that are always in a battle of some sorts. The other day at the park I watched a woman arrive with her 2 children, they were 4 and barely 2. Once the arrive the mother did not pay them anymore attention. The youngest one took off and I could not help but watch this child wander. She had went so far to the point my husband could not stand it anymore. So I got the lady's attention and told her that they baby had wandered almost to the woods and she said, "That's alright." I was in awe that this woman did not care where her child had gone, I mean sometimes she was not in view, it scared me to think that this child could be abducted and how long would it be before the mother realized. Within minutes the child wandered back over to the play area and then to her mother to hand her a stick then she was off again this time to the bleachers at the baseball field. This little child had climbed to the top and teetered and then layed across the top one and still the mother was not looking. How do people do this and not have a conscience, just let your kids run around unsupervised with a ton of people around. Maybe she figured that she was invincible, I am sure that nothing will ever happen to her kids just becuase that seems to be the way it always happens

A child is a curly dimpled lunatic. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 Comments:

Blogger KimberlyDi said...

Nothing can happen to the kids of neglectful parents and tragedy can happen to the kids of parents who are so very careful. Life just doesn't seem fair, does it?

I'm glad you guys were keeping an eye out for the child even if her mother wasn't.

3/29/2006 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy you are having a crazy time with those boys!
I know what you mean about that mother not watching those kids. Life is not fair in that way. Her kids will be fine and some attentive parents child will be kidnapped. Just like the women who do drugs when pregnant have healthy babies. And I didn't do anything like that and looked what happened to me and my son. What the hell? It is good though that at least you were watching those kids. Hopefully they will always have kind strangers around like that.

3/29/2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wow, it is nice to find a parent who thinks the same way I do. Can you imagine if your kids had the woman in the park as a mother? They would be in terrible shape and she probably would not care how much school was missed! My four year old just went under for dental work. Good luck with everyone getting better and thanks for the comment about my home-phobia....I will try to enjoy the away from home activities more.

3/30/2006 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home