24 March 2006

The Yearly Re-evaulation of My Life


Today was a rainy dreary day, so I had a lot of time to think, mostly about my accomplishments. So here is goes, here we are creeping up on the end of the school year and it is going to be 9 years that I have been out of school. Wow, time sure does fly when you are having fun. If you would have asked me 9 years ago, where I thought I would be now, this is not what I pictured. There was so much that I wanted to do upon graduation, and sometimes I feel regretful that I never did those things. I had all intentions on taking a year and traveling, especially to Europe, I had it all planned out! Then I was going to start College, at a real University, not the community college. (Now I am not knocking the community college). And I did not see children or marriage in the near future. I was going to live life and sow my oats. Lets see what did I do instead, a Trip to Disney, I guess I saw Europe at Epcot!!!! Then I took night classes at the local community college, and then I ended up pregnant. Whoa, everything I did not see myself doing had now been done. I was 19 and a mom, a college drop-out, and a pharmacy technician at Wal-Mart. I did the Wal-Mart thing for almost 3 years, then I married a man in the military, (knew him from high school, and no hes not the eldests ones father). But by marrying him, I moved away, and started to live life with him. After the second child I went back to school, I am not stable enough to go full time so I do go part time and it has become an ongoing joke with me and my friends and family that I am a professional student. I decided after the second one was born that I wanted to be a nurse when I grow up. I am actually excited to finish school, but it is just taking so long. Tonight I told my friend that I had been out of school for 9 years and had not accomplished a whole hell of alot, she then reminded me that I had.
I am a mother with 2 wonderful children
I am a wife, with an awesome husband
I am a student, trying to get through with the many obstacles that life has handed me
I have been to Europe, Mexico, and to the Carribean
I am a good person, I have more friends now then when I was in school
I did accomplish alot and things that I did not see myself accomplishing, thank you Alison for showing me that.
I would not now or ever change any of my life experiences, even though many have been obstacles, they have merely made the journey a little more meaningful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that in the end you saw all of your accomplishments! Just because you have had some delays and unexpected, but happy surprises along the way does not mean you have not accomplished anything! I think you have done alot with your life. And at least you have figured out what you wanna be when you grow up! I am still working on that! You are a wonderful mother and friend!

3/24/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I think the evaluation went well. Things don't always go the way we dream them. My wife was going to be a teacher and ended up as a full time Pastor's wife.She did get to teach for a year before we married and during the last year of seminary.

3/27/2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home