04 April 2006

Whew...I am glad that is over....Now what

Well my littlest one made it through his surgery today just fine. He had tubes put back in and his adenoids taken out, although it was like nothing at all happened to him. After the surgery they commented on how he was the most pleasant child that they ever had coming out of anesthesia. They sent us to an med/surg room for 4 hours of observation and he never cried once. He was still a little loopy from the drugs when we left. As he was getting out of the car at home and stumbling around the driveway he kept insisting that he ride his tricycle. I could not allow it for fear of an accident. Over the course of the rest of the day he never once complained of pain or discomfort, he requested potato chips and a grilled cheese and ate both. It really amazes me how resilient children are. Next it is me and a MRV for my Pseudotumor, I talked about this in earlier posts! It is a MRI with dye injected in me. Then it will be a tonsilectomy for the older one upon the end of the school year.
I am heading to Virginia on Thursday so my post will be far and few in between for a couple of days, just be patient and keep checking. I so love my readers and their comments. As for all of those that read my post yesterday about my friend and me watching her daughter, I did not watch her today or am I tomorrow. It is a much needed break and I am looking foward to it. I am still contemplating a way to tell her and a time to tell her with out any hard feelings. And I agree with Lori, if my friend gets mad then I really do not need that either. Well I hope everyone had a good day today and I will try to write tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything went well. And you were worried about him not wanting to eat. Heck I think he is eating more! LOL! I know when I see him again I will be so shocked to see how big he will big. I will always think of him as that little two year old with that blonde piece of hair sticking up and bobbing up and down as he would trot across the yard!

I hope you have a safe and good trip. And Lori is right. I know Alison is your best friend and a major part of your life. But if she can't think of your needs and feelings, maybe your better off. She is going through a weird phase and that is normal and okay. But it should not be affecting you the way that it is. Geez I miss you! Can't you come up here till I come down there? If hubby does go surface, man I will need you close, so we would go to FL. You know I am not a boat wife. Eight years and then "bye honey, see you in six months"? No that just won't fly! I will need you for my sanity. Or we can go insane together! :)

4/05/2006 12:45 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Whew! I was just checking to see how your son's surgery went and I am so glad you posted so we do not have to worry. (My son just went under for dental work and he too acted like nothing happened). Have fun on your trip!

Lori

4/05/2006 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home