08 April 2006

Blogging from Virginia!!!!!

Well I made it to Norfolk, Va on Thursday night and after returning the rental car and getting dinner it was basically time to head to my hubbys room and sleep. I had just driven 10 hours and I really needed out of the car. My son peed his pants in his sleep and my friends daughter threw up somewhere around North Carolina/South Carolina state line. Oh yeah, on my last hour of the trip I got a speeding ticket from a wonderful Virgina State Trooper in a beautiful unmarked car. I was going 70 in a 55. I will admit I was doing it and I was just ready to get out of the car. Well I had my friends daughter with me I had brought her up here to drop her off to her dad. This is where he is stationed at and I ended up watching her Friday morning while he had to work. But he actually asked me "How much do I owe you for watching her" Do you know how long it has been since I have heard those beautiful words?? He asked me if her mother ever compensates for me watching her too. I just said NO COMMENT and looked away. I think he got the jist of it. So yesterday I had these 2 kids in a little room and these 2 love to be outside more than anything. My oldest stayed with his biological father for the spring break week, but he is the one that would be content in the hotel room as long as there is a TV. So I told the kids after I got a shower I would take them for a walk and find a playground. After all I have no car at all, hubby took it to school today. So we leave for the walk, I ask the lady at the front desk if there is a playground anywhere nearby and she just looks at me like my head has been chopped off, of course there isn't after all this is a Navy base with 3 gyms and like 4 McDonalds but no playground. So I just figure a nature walk will have to do, or so I thought. We walked out of the doors and the heavens opened on us. Rain.....now I have to take them back to the room. TV doesn't entertain these 2 children so they ended up playing on the balcony for the next hour before the husband came back and we went to lunch. Tried to find a McDonalds with a playplace, no luck there either. After giving the girl back to her dad the day cleared up and we went to the Zoo and it was a real nice zoo, we wore our son out with walking and then we walked the mall he was ready to go to the room when we got back!!! Today we are heading to Williamsburg but there is more rain in the forecast so we will have to find something indoors!!! Wish me luck. Next week I will take the husband to work just so I have a vehicle to do something with my son. I am a woman on a mission, finding a playground!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your playground mission. Virgina Beach isn't far from base, and I remember a lot to do there. You could rent bikes and ride along the boardwalk. Good luck with the kids on the way back. And watch your speed!;)

4/08/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I will call you Speedy Gonzales from now on! I am glad the girls father offered to pay you for watching her...at least he has his head screwed on straight.

We are going to Dr. John's Fortress tomorrow to visit for the day. Good luck finding a playground....Lori

4/09/2006 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home