12 April 2006

WARNING: I am about to vent



Ok here it is Day 5 in the hotel, heck its not even a real hotel, it is a glorified Military Barracks room. Thank God it has a private bath. Let's see, I think I have really lost my freaking mind at this point in time. I have a 3 year old who is not entertained at all by television, I can't stand sitting in a room and we have no vehicle unless I get up at 6am to take the husband to work! Ok so I am bored out of my mind. There is no playground, no pool, no anything, I can't dial out on the room phone and my cell phone is dead and the charger got smashed in the car door 2 days ago. I feel like I have joined, Survivor: Military Wife. I am sick of eating out, I am sick of riding around in the car looking for something to do. I have no adult to talk to when my husband is not around and when he is he is telling me something from his school, that I do not even understand or have the patience to learn about. Well today put the icing on the cake, he called and said I will be to the room in 40 minutes, be ready and my class is getting together at the bowling alley for a lunch thing. So I am like Ok this sounds great, let me get us ready and all so my son and I are ready and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. The 40 minutes plus 40 more goes by and here comes the husband, in such a hurry then he proceeds to tell me that everyone is not going but he still wants to go and get the lunch deal. To me it sounds like we are tagalongs and that is fine, my son is pumped up to go bowling. On our way to the car he says, "Whats wrong?" I said nothing, I am just bored. He tells me that now I know how he has felt for the past 3 weeks, I dont know what it was but it set me off. I told him, that I was here because he wanted me here and then he tells me to rent a car and go home. Instead of taking the argument any farther, I just say I am going back to the room and you take the son and go bowling. A couple weeks ago when we were talking about me coming up I said just what exactly will I do up there and he said the same thing you do at home, sit around and do nothing. Now anyone that knows me, knows I am not a sitter and a nothing doer. He just laughed and said you know I am kidding but for some reason this has just sat in the back of my mind and it has been picking away at my nerves for the last 2 weeks. I now feel like that is what I do sit around and do nothing but I would rather be doing nothing in the comfort of my own home than in some barracks room 10 hours from home.

This trip has had it good times and yet it has had it bad times, there is some tension between my husband and I. I think it is becuase I now have to wait on him for everything whereas he waited on me before. But I chased him away today and I am sitting the the room doing exactly what he says I do best NOTHING

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you! That really sucks having nothing to do. We could play Yatzee online if it gets that bad! ;)

4/12/2006 10:36 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Kristi, Kristi, Kristi..... I feel so bad for you! It was not then second accuse you of doing nothing at home!!!! Now, I want to vent!

I hope you have a better day tomorrow....Lori

4/13/2006 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home