24 April 2006

Sending a Little Sunshine...

Hello friends,
To start the day off, I woke up late, I really despise Mondays. My son was late to school, only by 10 minutes but still he was late. He woke up on the wrong side of his bed, probably had nothing to do with me freaking out for being late this morning. Got the youngest one off to Preschool and ahhhhh......time to myself. My husband has been on leave for the past week, (Military vacation) so today was his first day back, the house was completely empty!!! I need those days to recharge for what it to come later on. Although school gets out on May 19th, that only gives me 15 school days of peace and quiet. I finally talked to my friend about not watching her daughter this summer and she was totally understanding, she is going to find a summer program of some sort for her. She had already figured on doing that before I said something. So now I feel more at peace with her. I think I was getting really standoffish with her because I had that weighing on my mind everytime I saw her.
Well I finally got around to watching Brokeback Mountain this weekend. I have been wanting to see it since it first came out. I really thought that it was good, the story line and all. The tag line for the movie was Love is a Force of Nature and I really do believe that it is weather it is a normal man woman relationship or any other kind. I saw the Movie Rent a couple of weeks ago and I was totally moved by it to, I have the soundtrack downloaded and I cant get the songs out of my head. Now I have the Chronicals of Narnia to watch, I read the stories when I was in school, of course I do not remember them now. I have not had the best luck with reading the book and seeing the movie. THe book is always better. I am currently working on DaVinci Code. I really want to see the movie but my hubby and my friend read the book so they want me to finish so we can discuss. Well I hope everyones Monday got off to a better start than mine and I hope that rest of you day is good

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr.John said...

With blogger down all morning my morning was not good. Haven't seen Brokeback Mountain but I have seen Narnia. I read Narnia to my kids when they were little. I found the movie to be great. I read the DaVinci Code. He mixes early Gnostic hearsy , historical fact, and stuff he just makes up as he goes along. Its a great read but is not in any way history.

4/24/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I did see Brokeback Mountain and it was good. Not good enough to be an Academy Award nomination though. If that movie was Academy material then so was Endless Love with Brooke Shields.

4/24/2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I also usually like the book better than the movie. The Nania movie was good, but last night I remembered a part that was not in it that was important to me. They were traveling over the mountain and they spoke of keeping the lion in sight. To me it ment that durning the tough times keep looking at Jesus.

4/24/2006 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you got some sleep! I wanna see Brokeback but who knows when I will. I love Rent and the soundtrack too. Cissa is a HUGE Rent fan. And let me know how you like the Da Vinci Code. I wanna read it and I just saw the previews for the movie.Tom Hanks has some bad hair in it. But it looks good.

4/24/2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am glad you were able to talk to your friend about watching her child and that it is all straightened out.

I saw Brokeback and agree it was good but not good enough to be nominated for awards except for the protrayel of he wife...she was phenomenal.

Hope Tuesday goes better!

4/25/2006 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home