23 April 2006

Family Day.......Chaos Free!!!!!

Well yesterday had to be one of the most relaxing days that I have spent with my kids in ages. I think that it has been due to my high stress level with my other situation. Well hubby and I took the kids to a state park in Florida to ride their bikes. We rode and rode and then went on a nature trail. I was really nice. My oldest son has taught himself to ride his bike with no training wheels and he flies. He has always been that way, I try to teach him something and then he ends up doing it by himself. Taught himself how to swim, to ride a bike, to tie, and to blow bubbles in chewing gum. When I first tried to teach him to ride his bike, we removed the training wheels because he wanted them off and I tried and tried with him, he doesnt have good balance so I did not see him learning anytime in the near future well he got on that bike on the same day I tried and he did it on his own. I was estatic, but yet sad because I did not get a chance to teach him. He is not the independant one, so I never foresaw him teaching himself anything. Now the other one is a totally different story, he is only 3 and he wanted his training wheels off on the same day. I did not do it, he is my child that is going to land me in the ER with broken stuff. Well yesterday they both had fun on their bikes and both held up with the distances traveled, they rode at least 2 miles total. It was really relaxing and they behaved so well that I did not want the day to end. Well we came home last night and decided to start filling our pool, its just one of those above ground ones that are like 3 feet deep and 15 feet wide. But hey when it is hot that booger serves it purpose. I see that all of my friends up north are not seeing the warm temps so I will try not to rub it in when I say I went out side this morning and its going to be a hot one!! The kids have already been in the half filled pool this morning!!! Well I hope everyone has a good Sunday

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a great day. It is rainy here as usual.

4/23/2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

It does sound like a great day. Your son sounds like me when I learned to ride. All the kids in the neighborhood tried to teach me failing. They gave up and I continued until a was riding. It cold here, but the sun is trying to shine.

4/23/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I went out this morning and it was fourty . Not what I would call warm. It was fun reading about you and your kids. It reminded me of all those fun times we had with ours. Oh, all three took us to the emergency room with broken arms.One of them because he thought he could fly. But other than that they were great days.

4/23/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

If anyone deserves a relaxing day with the family it is you, woman! Glad to hear it went well...I hope the rest of our blog friends had the same relaxing weekend. Do not worry about rubbing it in with the pool, we were happy with our temps here this weekend in Wisonsin.

4/23/2006 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home