05 May 2006

My Pal MIMI

Well I keep checking Cissa's page to check on Mimi's condition. I knew something had to be up when I posted and she did not comment on my page. You see, Mimi and I used to be neighbors in Connecticut. Navy housing for us was a 6 family townhouse and Mimi and I were neighbors. Our stairs and front doors were on the same wall. When you live that close to someone, you really can't help to get to know them. I met Mimi the Summer of 2004, she was prego with her beautiful baby boy. Of course I do not think at the time we knew that he was a boy. Mimi's husband, Durk, was a riot. He loved to listen to all of us wives chatter away. We had camp Michigan Drive out front. My friend that lives here now Alison also lived in the same building and between she and I we had the 3 kids and a butt load of outside toys. We now look back on pictures and we were Connecticut White Trash. We had so much crap and half of it was stuff that other families offloaded before they moved to their next duty station. I really feel bad for Mimi now because she had to move into all of this and she had not yet had any kids, what she must of thought. Anyway, everyday Alison and I were outside with the kids, from sun up to sun down. We knew everyone and stories about them but yet we knew nobody. The mail lady, June, she was so cool, we looked foward to her everyday. She gave us the lowdown on everything and she loved the kids and they loved her. One time we were sledding and after she filled all of our boxes she joined us for a couple quick runs down the hill. Anyway back to Mimi, this was her first move away from home and she was pregnant to top it off so we all knew that there was going to be hurdles for her. I explained different things to her and tried my best to help her if she needed it. I was gone over Thanksgiving and my husband had to work but Mimi and Durk saw to it that my husband had a meal. They fed him other times I was out of town and they kept an eye on him since he was alone. We had some issues with some of the neighbors which she was drug into and did not need to be drug into. But that is what happens when you get a bunch of bored women together. I was there when Mimi had the baby and she had a ton of hurdles with that but I made sure that I was there for her. That was the least I could do for her. I went to the hospital even with the baby not there and I went to the NICU to visit that sweet boy. I cooked a big meal on Mother's day last year to celebrate her first Mother's Day. Then because of the Navy I had to move again. I was ripped away from some of the best memories of my adult life. I haven't seen Mimi in almost a year but we still keep in touch, pretty reguarly. Having the blog pages helps make it easier than before. Now with her in the hospital I hate that I can not be there for her and help them with this. It is absolutly killing me not being able to do anything. She is such a good soul. Mimi, I am thinking about you and I want you to get better, these things only make us stronger!!! You ought to be as strong as an Ox now. I Love Ya Girl!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I really miss Mimi and I do not even know her so I can imagine how much you miss her. I am sure she will be back soon! Nice story today and I agree with the blog about the rich kids...what are those parents thinking? Once my dad gave me $500 when I got married. I always paid for my own car, schooling and rent. At least I know how to budget!

5/06/2006 1:20 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I really appreciate this blog entry. Since I look on Mimi as part of my blog family it is great to find out things about her. I am really glad she is home now. It is good that she has friends like you.

5/06/2006 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Kristi! It hurts my belly to cry but I can't help it! That was so sweet of you to write about me. I remember laying in the hospital thinking it would be different if you were still here.You were my angel here. I know that the reason I ended up in this town was to get to meet you. I miss you so much. You are always going to have a special place in my heart. We had such great times. And I know we have a few more (at least) to come.

5/06/2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

kristi, you are a wonderful friend to Mimi..I bet you two had a ball together living next door to each other. Mimi just has a way of getting right into your heart. I just love her even though I have never met her!

5/06/2006 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, John, And Catch, THanks so much. You and your kind words mean more to me than you know!

5/06/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home