04 May 2006

Wealthy Kids Irk Me

Well here I go again, slacking on my page. I have been reading and posting on everyone elses page but I haven't had anything hit me to write about until today. So I was watching TV tonight with the husband and we were watching My Sweet 16. For those of you that do not know what it is, it is a show about rich kids and their 16th birthday parties. It is unreal the parties that these kids are allowed to have and the attitude that they carry along with it. Just tonight there was a girl whose party cost over 300,000 dollars. Could you imagine, then her dad took her car shopping and she found a porshe convertible that she wanted. It cost 96,000 and she said, "Daddy, its just pocket change." These are the people in our society. He party was in a night club in New York, and she was carried in holding a snake. I mean in 10 years what is this going to have done for you? Its just a shame that the parents have allowed these kids to be like this, you would think beings that half of them have had to work from the bottom up that they would teach thier kids to respect more things and conserve. Lets see my 16th birthday consisted of a homeade cake, my parents, my best friend and my boyfriend at the time. Sure I got a car, but it was a 1979 Ford Mustang hatchback. The ugliest thing on the face of the earth and sure I was pissed that it was ugly and old but I learned to respect it because it was all that I had. But I guess the times are a changin' kids have cell phones and ipods and laptops. Things that were not even around and remotly affordable until after I graduated high school. I just hope that my kids do not expect or demand these things one day. I want them to grow up appreciating things and others. I just hope that society doesn't change them

3 Comments:

Blogger B.R.L said...

I agree with you, but I guess this has always been true of the rich we just haven't been informed, Compared to what my children and then my grandchildren have I was poor. My grand children have been informed of those less fortunate and my granddaughter with help of her aunt had donated and written to a child. I never had a car in highschool I drove my parents. I got my first car after college and my first job.

5/04/2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Those kids are such dumbasses. I have never seen that program but I think it would make me throw up. Those kids are shallow and disrespectful and I hope Daddy is always there to bail them out. The parents are creating monsters.

5/04/2006 2:42 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I must have had a party when I was sixteen but I can't remember it. At sixteen I didn't get a car I got to drive the family car and only with a parent. I was still happy. Nobody told me I was supposed to get a car.

5/04/2006 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home