08 May 2006

Shrimp Festival and Mothers Day Cards

Ahhh this weekend we did yet another festival. The Shrimp Festival in Fernandina Beach Florida. I am not a seafood eater so I went along for the arts and crafts. Well I was a little disappointed this festival did not have your run of the mill crafts, you know like candles, purses, and homemade stuff that you would never think to make but really makes sense to have. This was an artsy fartsy kind of festival. Statues, stained glass, and oil paintings. Now don't get me wrong these things were nice, they just were not in my price range or my need for the moment. The OscarMayer HotDog Mobile was there and they were letting people sing the oscar mayer jingles. My friend Alison and I did this, I am sure we looked like total fools, It should be on the internet in a couple of days, I will see what it takes to post it for you guys if it is not too too bad. My inlaws were in town for the weekend, they came down in their motorhome. My father in law is not in good health so he did not go to the festival. He has severe Asthma among a ton of other things. He just went for a sleep study and the found that he has severe sleep apnea, during the study he quit breathing 80 times in 2 minutes and his pulse ox dropped to 47. So he has started on a CPAP machine to help him at night. He is 73 and is going downhill fast so we like to spend as much time as possible with them. But besides the fact that he did not go with us to the festival, he did come to the house and hang out and we hung out at the campground. They left today and the kids were upset but we will be going home to see them soon enough. Today I went to buy cards for mothers day, I spent $17.00 at Hallmark on just cards nothing else, now I have to buy stamps. Cards are so expensive that you really do not want to buy a card and a gift. I should just get a piece of paper and make my own for minimal cost. Well I hope everyone had a good Monday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just see you too singing the weanie song! LOL! I remember you two singing Journey complete with dance moves and water bottle microphones.

I am sorry to hear about your FIL, again. That poor man. When is God going to give him a break? He needs one much more than me. I will say a prayer for him tonight.

I would have been bored at that festival. That is not my kind of thing either. I would have been stuffing myself with shrimp though.

Cards are outrageous. I don't buy them as much as I used too. I love Durk, but I should have married a Hallmark executive.I would be rolling in the money! I like homemade stuff best anyway. Whenever Marcy sends me something her little girl makes me a card, and they are always my favorites. So I have started homemade ones a bit too.

GMH cut our grass for us today. I guess they got the yards confused. But they still only take one hundreth of a millimeter off. I don't know why they bother.

5/09/2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Boy I envy you> all those festivals. party, party , party. And sharing the kids with the grand parents. What a wonderful week end.

5/09/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

HOH has a C-Pap also because his snoring was so loud he had the test done and found out he had stopped breathing 33 times in two hours and each time he stopped breathing it was for about 17 seconds each time!

5/09/2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Sorry about your FIL...I wouldnt have liked the festival either but I would have loved the shrimp!!!!!! I do stained glass....I know it is very expensive..a lot of work goes into it though.its even expensive when you buy the stuff to make it.

5/09/2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

It sounds like you a nice time. I have also gone to craft shows and the price so high. I know there is a lot of work put into these items. I am glad you got to spend some time with your father-in Law.

My daughter and her friend do not send cards to each other. They go to the store pick out a card they like show it to each other and put it back.

5/10/2006 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home