10 May 2006

Help!!! My kids are destroying the house.


I believe that single handedly my children ages 7 &3 are going to destroy my house. The house has been here since the mid 80s, made of brick, a very hardy house. Though I do believe that these kids are going to give it a run for its money. By no means is this my "dream" home or the house I see myself in 10 years still living in. My husband being in the military we just moved back to this area a year ago and decided, NO MORE NAVY HOUSING. Mimi, knows what I am talking about! So we bought our first home. 3 bedroom, 1/2 acre lot, 1500 sq ft. I am constantly cleaning this beast. It is all one level which I am so thankful for, but there is always something that needs to be done. Of course God has blessed me with sons so I am always cleaning up pee in the bathrooms. I cant say that my husband is any better. I have a solid plate glass storm door that is always covered in nose and hand prints, and my garage is a catch all for everything. It is very sandy here so they are constantly tracking in sand and I am constantly using the carpet cleaner which I do not think is making a difference anymore. There are always sprinklings of food on the floor or toys. Hot Wheel Cars hurt in the middle of the night. As much as I set the rules and keep the toys contained to one area it just seems to happen the opposite. I am starting to believe that there are little trolls that come out and party while I am out running errands. Laundry is the story of my life, I fold it and put it all away just because if I dont it is shoved everywhere. My oldest son sleeps on the top bunk and it is like his own fortress, he has so much junk up there that I am surprised that he does not have unwanted visitors. I can fill a whole washer with his clothes up there. Although I have heard if you have a clean house you live a boring life, my life is far from boring.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

ahh kristi, just enjoy it all....they are only young once and believe me..its the best days of your life when your children are small. When mine were young I had a pile of clothes on the laundry room floor that I washed at...lol..never got it totally done at one time. Now, the kids are grown, the wash is always done.....so what? I would trade my clean laundry any day to have my kids be small again. Someday you will see.

5/10/2006 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. But try to enjoy this time like Catch said. I was not thinking like that until I read her comment. One day you and I will be all sad cause our boys are grown and the house is clean and we will have nothing to do.

5/10/2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Enjoy them despite the chaos. They are such a wonderful gift. When they finally grow up and leave you won't feel like cleaning.

5/11/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Man, do I know how you feel! There are times I want to rent a one bedroom apartment just for me to go to so I know there is a clean place to stay if I need one. I want things to be clean, too, but I refuse to yell at my family all day about that so I only do it once in awhile. I figure once the youngest is in school, I will be better at it. I have to get serious about my house because our pastor is coming tomorrow night to visit...YIKES!

5/12/2006 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i have 5 kids and 4 of them are 4 down to 2 1/2 yr old twins. Just today they peed on the floor, spilled food and drink on the carpet, drew in black marker on the walls in their room, played in the toilet, ran outside naked, fell off the counter, ate the top half of a cake, stole candy canes off my mini tree, raided the fridge about 7 times and oh yeah ripped off the blinds and broke them in half.. did i mention i live in a rental apt? doubt there will be a return on my deposit because this was just one day out of many

12/02/2007 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home