21 August 2006

Shopping is Great Therapy!!!



This weekend my Pal Alison and I decided to go shopping. Now usually we go shopping for stupid things or for the kids. But not this time, we went solely for ourselves. It is amazing how therapeutic shopping can be, it really can motivate you!! Ususally both she and I never have any luck when we go shopping for ourselves, they don't have our size or they don't have anything appealing but not this time. We lucked up and found tons of clothes and we both even got new purses. That alone was worth the trip. I ended up not buying my kids a single thing what-so-ever, well I bought them a cookie but hey that doesn't count in my book. I geared my shopping adventure more towards clothes I will need on the 6 year belated honeymoon in November. Seek and you shall recieve!!!

I don't know if I told you all where we decided to go, we are going to Sandals Resort in Ocho Rios Jamaica. I have been to Jamaica before without the husband, but we are going together this time and to a whole other side of the island!!! It was nice when he came home for those couple of days because I booked the trip while he was gone for those couple of days so this gave me a chance to fill him in on all of the details and we are so EXCITED. I think I will put a ticker on my page counting down the days until we go.

Things have been busy here, Dylan started soccer and we have been going to practices and our first game was this past Saturday. And with me starting school, I know that is going to be some work right there. For all of my commenters on the last post, I have to retake the math because I made a D and the program requires a C....bummer!!

Well I hope everyone in blogger land has a good day

8 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Yeah you went shopping for yourself.

Go for the ticker that would be kool to count down with you.;)

8/21/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Wow! Jamacia , how lucky can you get. Sorry about the math thing. As a former college math teacher I know how hard math can be for some students. I am sure you can do it.

8/21/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

awwww kristi, sorry about the math. Ashley has a hard time with math too.....and anatomy, so she got a tutor and flew right though anatomy. I think I remember you saying you were going for nursing, right? You wont be sorry!!! Ash has been taking classes since she graduated high school....shes 23 now and starts her clinicals soon. Its been push and shove at times, but she has done well. When I think of it....she has been pretty busy...she had Gaige, worked a full time job for about a year ( in a nursing home no less) and she has worked for me off and on..I guess for 23 years old thats pretty good! Good luck Kristi!!!!

8/21/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Sorry about the math but am so happy about your honeymoon plans...
And as for the shopping...
Good on you...
I try to buy formyselfand I always end up buying something for my husband or my daughter...
I am so exited for you and this honeymoon...
You should put a ticker count down as all of us waiting at the peer to send you and your hubby off...

8/21/2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am happy you decided on a honeymoon destination...I was wndering what you had decided. Now the hubby knows, too so he will have something to look forward to as well.

Don't you love it when shopping turns out so much bettter than you anticipate...it's like finding a pot of gold or something!
I need a ticker on my page, where do I get one?

8/21/2006 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shopping for yourself with a good friend is GREAT therapy! I am glad you found stuff you like too. It seems I only find what I like when I have no money to spend! And I do not think that cookie for teh kids count either! LOL! I am excited for you and hubby to be getting away together. I think you too really deserve it and will have a great time!

8/21/2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

A good shopping trip thats great. I can never find anything when I go shopping for me and have money to do so, but when I have no money then I find what i want. Your honeymoon sounds great also.

8/22/2006 12:56 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

A good shopping trip thats great. I can never find anything when I go shopping for me and have money to do so, but when I have no money then I find what i want. Your honeymoon sounds great also.

8/22/2006 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home