11 October 2006

update

I just noticed that my ticker says I have 1 month and 1 week until I am soaking up the sun in Jamaica. I am so excited to go on this trip. I have been planning and planning for months and its a shame that my husband has been out to sea during the whole excitement process. Yes folks I am still husbandless, but hopefully for not too much longer. It really sucks not having anyone to snuggle with at night or talk to when the house is quiet. I can handle all of the other time being by myself but I can only handle so much of truly being alone.

On a happier note, my oldest just turned 8 this past Saturday, boy oh boy I look at him and thing where has the time gone. It seems like he was just born a week a go and just walking yesterday. I guess time does fly when you are having fun. He had a skating party and a Superman cake. I had 11 children show up in all.

Next Friday is my other son's birthday, he will be 4, we have to do a Cars themed party but it is going to be low key. Just some of my friends and some cupcakes. I have been searching Wal-Mart over for those die cast cars from the movie Cars, so far I have found 8 different ones and I am still hunting for a couple more, my ultimate goal is to get him the whole set. I just happened to go to our Wal-Mart the day they got a new shipment and I bought 6 that I did not have. I should have bought them all before the movie came out, when I originally saw them.

I missed Dr. Johns marathon this month, it just so happens that I had another Microbiology test that week and I had to focus on that but I will be back in the swing of things once the husband gets home and he should be here in time for the next one. Its just hard to blog when kids need food and have homework and need drinks and entertainment.

8 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

we were looking for cars for Cuppojoe nephew bday too, and found a great selection at Toys R Us..now of course this is here and i have no idea if this might help.

Happy belated Birthday to your son. It sounds like he had a great time and you were kept busy, :) ..You had both boys in the same month. I did too, in November..funny how things work that way sometimes. Happy early birthday to your other son.

i am sorry you miss your hubby. i can't imagine how terrible it gets. i know how quiet and sad i feel when my kids are off to their dads. cuddles are the best way to fall asleep.
i'm so glad you are so close to your vacation. it is going to be wonderful for both of you. i'm sure he is looking forward to the time alone with you too.

10/11/2006 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am real excited for you that you are taking this trip! I can't wait to hear about it!

It is weird to think Dylan is 8. I will always think of Avery as a wee little one. No matter how old he gets he will always be the little blondie running past my window with a piece of hair sticking up and bouncing up and down as he ran by. Once when babysitting him at your place he was watching Nick Jr and that Piper possum came on and it was the first time I saw it. So now every day when I see that possum I think of Avery! LOL!

10/11/2006 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure exactly what Cras you are looking for. But I got Binker Cars toys at the Disney store.

10/11/2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Do not worry about not blogging, we know hubby is gone and you're taking classes and planning parties....makes me tired just thinking about it!

Happy Birthday to the kids!

10/12/2006 1:41 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Your gonna have so much fun on your vacation Kristi!!! And you are doing such a great job raising 2 boys, going to school, and taking care of a house. I am very proud of you. I know you get lonely, but he will be home before you know it. Happy Birthday to the boys!!!! You take care Sweety!

10/12/2006 3:17 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

ah, you are one busy lady and so it will be hard to keep up with blogging. I am having a wee bit trouble with keeping up with the marathons myself.
Oh your children are at such ages that they keep you on your toes, especially with birthdays in the same month.
Oh your trip sounds wonderful, no wonder you are bubbling with excitement.
all the best to you

10/12/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I am glad to know they have those cars at Wal Mart since they are just the right size for the GArden Railroad. Now I am waiting for the picturtes after your vacation.

10/12/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Happy Birthday to the boys. Soon and very soon you will be on vacation. I hope i can comment. I have not been able to.

10/12/2006 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home