29 August 2006

Busy as a Bee...Or my name isn't Kristi

So it now looks like this Ernesto fella is heading my way....geee what fun for Labor Day Weekend!! Its a real shame because I don't care if it comes this way but I sure did hold my breath when it was out there near Jamaica. Please do not demolish my November vacation before my very eyes. Whew....safe for now!!!!

Kids and there extra-curricular activities sure are keeping me busy, Dylan has soccer practice 2 times a week and Karate 2 times a week. I barely have time to balance my checkbook, let alone breathe. But it sure has kept my mind off of my husband at sea. I have recieved email from him. Sounds like his life is just fine out there. He is getting adequate sleep and exercise by way of treadmill.

I have also been busy with our Family Support Group, we have events and meeting while the boat is gone for our families to keep us occupied. I am head of a committee planning a big dinner for us. The only problem is collecting donations for door prizes and having fundraisers to pay for it all. Home Depot Government Accounts has been gracious enough to sponsor it for us, I think that this is the first time in history that a corporation has sponsored something for the wives of a submarine so I am quite excited to be part of it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems when we are busy we are super busy and when we are not we have nothing at all to do.

So is Dylan liking going to karate now?

8/29/2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am glad you are keeping busy. Maybe Dr. John could provide you with some door prizes!

8/29/2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im glad your keeping busy Kristi...and how nice that you have a family supoort group! Now watch out for Ernest or whatever his name is!!!!

8/29/2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger L said...

Hi Kristi, I am glad you have a support group to go to.

8/29/2006 8:20 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

It sounds like things are going well. Keeping busy is a good way to apss the time until the submarine comes in. I can't think of anything better than a support group where you all work together to handle the reality of being the family of a submarine person.

8/29/2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Having a support group when I was married to an Army pilot made all the difference in the world to me.

They were my family. :)

You're doing the best thing by keeping busy!

8/30/2006 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home