03 January 2007

My New Years Resolution

Well it has been a month since my last post and I do feel very neglectful. My resolution is to be a better blogger this year. I seemed to have lost time to blog for the last half of last year.

Today is the hubbys birthday, he is 29. I just made him a birthday cake from scratch, thats right people no cake mix or frosting from a can. I got the Paula Deen, Just Desserts, Cookbook for Christmas and this is the first thing I made from it. The batter tasted good and so did the frosting so we will see how the whole thing comes together at tonights presentation. We are going to out local Japanese steakhouse for dinner, per hubbys request. And my friend Alison and her beau are going with us too. My husband loves sushi and I just cant seem to stomach it, I guess it has to do with the fact that I do not eat anything from the water anyhow.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a proseperous new year.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

Welcome BacK Kristi,
Sooooo...
How was da' cake????

1/04/2007 12:19 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

It was pretty darn good!!

1/04/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger L said...

The cake sounds delish!
Happy New Year.
And we both have a new toy to take pictures with YEAH!

1/04/2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I never tried a scratch cake. I have made bread and buns from scratch but never a cake. Glad your turned out well.

1/04/2007 9:35 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I would like to be 29 again!

1/05/2007 1:37 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Happy birthday to the hubby. I made one cake from scatch it was so so. glad the cake turner out.

1/05/2007 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering about you! I was gonna leave a comment asking where you where but you posted.

Happy belated bday to Ash! How was the cake? You are a good cook so I am sure it was yummy. We took Binker to a Japanese place (a nice one is where Ponderosa used to be now) with the neighbors bbay. I was worried how they would act after yours an dother stories,but they didn't even notice all the grill action.

Can't wait to see you! So Alison has a bf? Good for her!

1/09/2007 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home