20 October 2006

Have you seen our bikes?


Alright so the husband is STILL not back yet and things just could not get any worse for me. I discovered that both my husband and my bicycles were gone. Stolen, but why? They have sat in the same place for the past two months, hey that must have been the problem. I live in a quiet neighborhood but within walking distance from a shady area. I guess someone was scoping out my 'hood and noticed some unmoved bikes. I have no idea how long they were missing before I finally noticed. Thank God the kids bikes were still here but now I am forced to lock everything up. I called the police, filed a report, and I am on the lookout. So on Friday of last week I pull out on the main road leading into my neighborhood and there is this black girl on a bike, wait, its my purple $150 beach cruiser. How dare she. I know it is mine, someone has scratched out the lettering on my bike and wrote all over it with white paint and black markers. I ask this young girl where she happened to get the bike and she got all defensive, I got it at a yard sale at a whole different town hours away from here. Right, right honey, I know you got my bike and you need to return it or I am calling the cops. So I turn around and call the cops of course she disappeared. How dare she. I want my bike. All I want to do is ride with my children.
I just don't understand why people have to take stuff. It is so horrible, but now I feel so violated. Someone watched my movements and scoped out my goods and came into my yard and took them.

On a lighter note, tomorrow is my youngest ones birthday, Avery is going to be a whopping 4 years old. It seems like yesterday that I had the little booger. Crazy how fast time flies

8 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

Doesnt it just piss you off that people can just take stuff that doesnt belong to them and not give it a second thought??? It makes me irate. Then if you ask them about it they act like your crazy! I wonder what they would be like if something they valued was stolen. My parents house was robbed one summer about 25 years ago. They never stopped to think how it made my parents feel...my Mother felt so violated. She was upset for weeks after it happened. There oughta be a law....oh! thats right, there is....they just never seem to catch the bad guys!

10/20/2006 7:01 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Happy Birthday!
I am sorry for your loss on the bikes. My daughter had her bike stolen while she was delivering papers. She had set it down while she went into a building and when she came out it was gone. Later on she was walking by an apartment and she saw her bike in the door way so she took it back. Robbery is worse than just loosing an item.

10/20/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

As Betty said even little Crystal Falls has its crooks.Sorry for your loss.

10/20/2006 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Avery!:)

I would be sooo mad about those bikes. I would be thinking about it 24/7 making my blood pressure go nuts probably! I would be keeping a eye out for that girl! Cissa had two gas cans which we kept in our carport since Dan mows the lawn. And someone stole both of them. He was pretty pissed.

10/21/2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am so sorry about the bikes but I ma glad you confronted the girl about it because now she knows you know. Wouldn't it be great if you woke up and the bike was returned?

10/23/2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Happy 4th Birthday to your angel. I'm sorry it's a belated wish but meant with the heart none the less.

i hope that your hubby gets back to your arms soon hon. i hope he is safe and is in good health.

i'm so sorry they stole your bikes. i know what you mean about feeling uneasy and weird now. i had our bikes stolen right from our balcony and i felt shocked of the values and morals of some..no shame what so ever. i hope dearly that you get them back..

10/24/2006 2:11 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Happy birthday to Avery...
And I am so sorry that you were violated...
I just hate that...
And the yard sale story...
Next time that bike comes out is going to be painted a whole new colour...

10/26/2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger L said...

I have had 9 bikes and my sons scooter stolen out of my yard and everything was locked up they cut the chains and stole them.

10/29/2006 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home