08 November 2006

Good Morning Bloggers

I am thinking that today is Dr. John's famous marathon, so I will give you all a little something new to read.

Well my hubby is home from sea, after 80 days with very limited communication, he is home. He actually got home on Oct 28th, so he has been home for a short while but we have been really busy since then. It was nice to have him here for Halloween and my birthday which was the 3rd.

Today I want to take the chance to plug a book that helped my marriage, both my husband and I have read it after Quilldancer suggested it in one of my posts. The book is called the Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman if anyone out there needs a little boost in their marriage this is the book to read. I bought my husband and myself a copy and he took his underway with him while he was gone. He shared it with 5 other men, so Quilldancer, I want to thank you for suggesting it, because this is the book that got us over our hump. I now understand my husbands language and I was not speaking it right nor was he mine. But by you suggesting it, and us sharing it with friends and family, you have helped them too. My deepest thanks to you. Usually by this point with him being home from sea, we are not getting a long and the newness had worn off but things are so different this time, there was no newness and we are going smoothly, sure their will be bumps along the way but this is nothing like it was before. Usually I would be ready to chop his head off.

I hope that some of you will pick up a copy of this book if you have never read it, you do not have to have marriage problems, it is wonderful for enriching what you already have. I feel that is what it has really done for me.

Last but not least, my counter is getting closer and closer to us going to Jamaica, we leave next Saturday. We are going this Friday to see Ralphie May from Last Comic Standing, that is our date night. I can't wait. But even more I can't wait for Jamaica!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Coming by way of Dr. JOhn - even though I like to visit anyway.
I have read that book. I wish I could get my husband to read it. That is the tricky part.
I am glad it helped you.

11/08/2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Quilldancer is one of those hearts that beyond all she has suffered and endured, she reaches out to the world with hope and faith for change to the better. she let us know about the peace gloves. she is a wonderful, faithful friend. that we know of another of her gifts in sharing this book, is not surprise..that girl is full of love i tell you.

i'm delighted that your hubby is home. that the kids have their daddy safe and sound and that you have your companion. i dont' know any relationship that is perfect and doesn't have it's rough spots..but i can see how the profession of your hubby's work be a hard way to live. to have him gone for so long and to practically live as a single parent in charge of the kids and all, then to have him come and nothing is quite the same..i can see how that is difficult, joyous of course but hard at times. i'm delighted that the book has helped. i'm even more happier that the two of you love each other so much to try and try for so many don't bother. that is the true meaning of love and commiment.

i am looking forward to your trip. i know i'm not coming along but i know it will be such a special time for you both. you work so hard and hold the fort down and it is a big job what you do..and still manage to be such a great mommy and keep up your classes..my goodness how you do it all, i haven't a clue..you do deserve a great vacation, much romance and tons of fun..not just this one time but always.

have a great night in your date. i love comedy nights and we are going to see Just for Laughs in nov. 17 when it comes to town..i can't wait either..

hugs and i almost forgot dr. John sent me here but i would have come anyways.

11/08/2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Great to hear your husband is back home and safe! Love him up!

-Margie
(Stopping by via Dr. John's mini-marathon today.)

11/08/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Kristi! So happy all is well on the homefront. If I dont see you before your vacation, have a wonderful trip! Oh and belated birthday wishes to you.

11/08/2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Dr. John sent me.

11/08/2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Oh I am so happy that your husband is now home with you. I know you have beeen waiting for that trip and soon it will be. Sharing is so important. I am in the Dr John marathon.

11/09/2006 3:53 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Just jogging by on Dr Johns Marathon!

11/09/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Dr. John didn't send me. It was good to read how well everything is going. Sometimes we can all use a little help.Thank Gof for people like Quilldancer who give us the help.

11/12/2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I always worry about you when the newness wears off after hubby comes back so I was so glad to hear that things ae better this time around. Have fun in jamaica!!! I am jealous but very happy for your trip!!!!!

I will look at the book if I can find it when I m out next...I am having a problem dealing with my hubby's need to keep everything and inability to put things away which is very heard on a sight impaired person.

11/13/2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home