27 October 2006

Kristi does Yoga!!



Ok my blogger buds, I have started Yoga, well I have been doing it for a little over a month now, 2 times a week at sunset. We have a class and it is awesome. The teacher lights candles and plays really cool relazing music. At first I was a little skeptical of participating in the class. I have always wanted to give it a try but when it came down to it I had a lot of fears. My first fear, was not being able to get into the positions. And my second was farting in class. I know a bit juvenile but it is still a fear. Well I took my first class at our local gym. Amazingly I was surpised at just how limber I really was. I managed to get into every position with no problems what so ever. As for the farting thing, never happened and I still have not had the urge. Unfortunalty in my first class there was someone who let it rip, I honastly felt bad for this poor sole but apparently it is something that is all too common and no one made any sort of deal about it. I have been a devout Yogi for the past few weeks, not missing one class at all since my start. Until next week that is, Halloween is on Yoga night and I am going to sacrafice for my children. In the course of a month I have noticed definate changes in my body from Yoga, I am stronger in my legs and arms. I also have a greater sense of balance now than when I began. Also I now see people struggle and pride myself in the fact that I can do the pose and hold it in the advanced postion. Last Thursday our instructor worked our quads big time. I felt it for 4 days after class. It was unreal, I suddenly felt muscles that I did not know I had or that I have not felt in a long time.

Update, word on the street, I should be getting a long awaited visitor this weekend. He has been gone for a very long time!! We are all cleaning and making home really nice for his arrival. The kids are especially excited, they have missed him dearly

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I amn so happy you are getting a visitor!

That is great about the Yoga! It feels great to do something good for yourself and see the improvements. And it really gives you confidence too. Is Alison going with you? I would not think of the farting thing. But when you said someone ripped one I have to admit I giggled! LOL! I have never tried Yoga. But I did a pilates once and it felt really good actually. It worked the muscles but stretched them at the same time so it was kind of relaxing in a way. I love my kickboxing. Durk has been in a football tournament all week so I missed it this week and I hate it.

Can you belive the cheap and evil GMH sent me a $30 giftcard to Wal- Mart for taking our pictures. I just got it in the mail and was shocked!

Have a great time with your visitor!;-)

10/27/2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Oh Kristi You are doing so good!!! Im proud of you! And hes coming home!!! I can imagine how excited you are...he will be proud of you when he sees how good you are at yoga....have a grand weekend Sweety!

10/28/2006 4:34 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I am so happy for you to be having that visitor. You seem to be doing very well in the Yoga class. I think my fear of the positions and the other would come true. Good going.

10/28/2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I bet your hubby will like the fact that you are taking yoga. I want to take a class!!!!!

Man, I cannot imagine what it will be like when he comes home!!!!!

10/28/2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger L said...

Good for you Kristi!

Have a great time this weekend.

10/29/2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Yoga and you. Today I've read teh blopg of a movie star and the blog of someone who is into yoga. what a wonderful world. And it sounds like yoga is really good for you. We all rejoice with you that soon the visitor will come. Perhaps he'll stay awhile.

10/30/2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Happy Halloween!

10/31/2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i hope and pray it's the hubby..

i hear yoga is just great.i can't believe how much you can do in a 24 hr period. you are incredibly organized and energetic.

11/04/2006 5:45 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it is now officially the wknd..it's half done actually...so i'm hoping, hoping and crossing all my fingers and toes that you are busy, busy, busy, ;p..with your visitor and enjoying the love and cuddles...i hope he has arrived already and right now, you are terribly happy..

11/05/2006 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home