12 May 2006

Five Places I Would Rather Be Than Here Right Now

Alright, so here I go again with a complaining day. Everything has gone well in the Casa de Chaos until 2pm this afternoon. As I sit here 2:41pm I really do not think that it can get any worse. I have hit my breaking point with my eldest son Dylan right now. Today was PJ day at school, all of the students were invited to wear PJ's, bring pillows and sleeping bags and games to share, next Friday is the last day of school so they are just trying to pass the time away. Well Dylan wore his Star Wars Pants and a blue Tee shirt today and requested that I please pick him up so he doesn't have to ride the bus home from school. So I said ok I will come and check you out of school later today, last I knew he was fine with that. Well at 2pm my husband was out and about so I asked him to stop by and get Dylan. School gets out at 2:30, so he was in luck getting out of school 30 minutes early and not having to ride the bus. Well my husband calls me after he picks him up, apparently Dylan is spazzing out because they were watching a movie and he was pissed that he got picked up early. When he got home I talked to him about what he had requested and that I followed the instructions that were set forth this morning. But he was still mad. This child is always mad, always lashing out at me, especially when he doesn't get his way. I love him so much and I know that it is my fault from letting him get away with so much for so long. He is a bossy kid, remember that kid in school that no one wanted to play with because they were too bossy, I fear that he is this kid. He is 7 and still will cry when you ask him to do something that he doesn't want to do or when things do not go his way. There is so much friction in this house between him and the other members of the family. Sometimes he is just downright hateful. I try, sometimes he just works my nerves so bad I want to lash out at him, I refrain from spanking him, I know it does nothing for him, and I have started taking away things from him at first it made an effect but now I do not think it holds water with him. I know that he is troubled, we have done therapy when we were in Connecticut, he has always been standoffish to my husband, who has been in his life since he was 18 months old. THere has always been friction on Dylans part with him, I think it has part to do with his biological father constantly reminding him who his real dad and who his step dad is. I try to talk to bio dad about it and he gets all defensive. This makes it really hard for me, I need Shalom in my Home. I have got to do therapy again, I can't have my baby troubled and miserable. It hurts me to see him this way and to have to constantly deal with his mood swings. I see more hate coming out of him everyday. Well I have my friends kid here today too and my other son and her are arguing over toys, simple childhood arguments but they get setteled and they move on. I was thinking there are tons of places I would rather be than here right now.
  1. I would love to be on a beach in Mexico with a Stawberry Daquri and a good book
  2. I would love to be at a Spa in the desert somewhere, where no one can reach me
  3. I would rather be on a boat in the middle of a lake with the warm sun
  4. I would rather be pampered by maids right now
  5. Most of all I would love to be locked in my room with headphones and good music.

Happy Mother's Day to Me

5 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

kristi

Have a great Mothers Day and please email me about your blog today.....huggs

5/12/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I hope you have a great and peaceful Mothers Day.

5/12/2006 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Mothers Day!Im gonna email you when Binker will let me tonight.

5/12/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Again, I know how you feel. My son is having trouble in preschool because he does not get along with the other kids. I will pray for both of our kids tonight and hope something magical happens. Sometimes I think GOd made us their moms because other mothers would give up on them or beat the heck out of them. (We do not spank, yet). Good luck.

5/13/2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Where you'd really like to be is at home with a happy Dylan. Just keep loving him and letting him know he's loved.

5/13/2006 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home