31 May 2006

I'm Back from our weekend on the Alabama River!!

Well here are some pictures from our recent trip to Alabama. By posting pictures I am going to be introducing you to my family. We met up with my husbands family just south of Selma Alabama for a camping trip this past weekend. The camp ground was located on the Alabama River. Now I am not fond of swimming in rivers and all but I had a great time. I have this thing about not being able to see what is around me in the water. My inlaws had their boat and so did my husbands aunt and uncle. So we loaded up about 15 people and headed to this beach in the middle of the Alabama River referred to as Little Miami. There were so many boats at this beach and people had little grills cooking and it was awesome. We took some drinks and the kids all had a blast. Neither one of my sons have gotten to do this with the family due to the fact that we have lived so far away for the past couple of years and that my father in laws health is deteriorating. They have a cute motorhome, I am used to tent camping so this was a real treat for me, like staying at the Ritz or something. My kids ran free with the other kids and were absolutly no problem the whole weekend, we got to see people that we have not seen in years and we even met some new folks. My parents live about a hour from where we were so we stayed with them the night before we came home.

This is Little Miami.......and it was 101 that day so the water was so refreshing, even if it was river water!!!!

This is my Dylan, he had so much fun jumping off the back of the boat. He found a pet clam that we had to bring home, believe it or not he lived and then we dropped him in the river the next day!!!!


This is my captain Avery, he is not fond of getting in water, only the tub so he stayed on the boat but he sure did enjoy driving. There were not other boats on the road at the time...Thank God!! By the way that is my husband standing behind him and in the picture above he is behind Dylan in the water.


This is my Mother in Law. She is the greatest, I think she was feeling good, hey as long as she was happy!!!

This is my father in laws favorite truck, its old and he won't get rid of it, in matter of fact he had it painted like 2 years ago, well my husband ran his uncles truck into his fathers truck while backing the boat down the ramp. See the nice dent on the door. Yup that is courtesy of my wonderful husband. His dad got pissed and had to drive away, it seems that my husband is always messing his stuff up.

All in all we had a good time, and made a lot of memories. We got home yesterday in time for the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert. It was really good, we had awesome seats we were so close to the stage that you could actually see facial features. The only thing he did not sing Indian Outlaw. I did not meet him for all you wonderers it would have been awesome. Got home at 1:30 this morning so I have been tired all day, I am heading to bed now. I have some catching up to do on all of my friends blogs. Dr. John I am so behind on Pigeon Falls news. I feel like I am out of the loop with my gossip, also we got the jelly beans, they came the day we left for Alabama and they kept the kids quite content in the car for a bit. Thanks So Much

7 Comments:

Blogger Dr.John said...

Every year I try to gather the all three of my kids and their kids and we make memories like the one's you decribe here. It is a wonderful thing and I am glad your kids had the chance at being with the larger family. They will remember it fondly for years. Oh and thanks for the pictures.

5/31/2006 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great trip and a neat place! Your MIL is a fun one.
That is awesome you had such great seats! Sorry you did not meet Tim! Next time I am sure! ;)

5/31/2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend kristi!! Your boys are precious...you and your MIL sound like me and my DIL, I love her and we have the most fun together. The pictures were great, glad you had so much fun!!!

5/31/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I am glad the trip was fun and you got to see every one.

5/31/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Sounds like a great weekend and I thought it was funny you had a pet clam even if it was only for a short time. Man, that sucks about the dent in the truck! Thanks for the pictures. Now, get some sleep.

5/31/2006 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

7/21/2006 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Crawfish bait said...

Nice weekend . I only dream i can do this too.

3/25/2010 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home