18 May 2006

JUST STUFF!!!

Well first off, Mimi, you sure have some guts to do the audio posts!!! I left you a comment today about yesterdays word. I think once you have kids you get words for everything and they make sense to you and your kids even come to use them!!!

Well anyway, yesterday was a blur for me, I had a horrible headache, I though my head was going to literally cave in on itself. I had to have a Tetnus shot on Tuesday, so I do not know if that had somehting to do with it or if it is the effects of my pseudotumor. I am enrolling in a different college here is Georgia, last fall I went to college in Florida, but in Georgia they require you to have all of your shots. Its like being a kid starting Kindergarten again!!! This college is only 10 miles whereas I was traveling 25 to the one in Florida. Plus they offer what I need on the days I need it. Well I had to have a tetnus shot, and I had to have titers done to prove immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella. I had to have the same thing done in Connecticut but apparently the Navy Clinic there forgot to put all of the paperwork and information in my medical file, which caused me to have to have it all redone!!! That is the Navy way, when you need something it is nowhere to be found but the totally useless stuff is in there. Makes no sense to me, but you better be sure I am going to make sure that this test goes in there. Next Tuesday I have to go for another MRI this is a continutaion of my Pseudotumor, but this time they are going to inject me with dye to read the veins and arteries in my brain. Oh Joy!! I am coming up on my 6 month window of being on the diuretic so I am hoping that my Optic Nerves have gone down in swelling.
For all of you that have no clue what I am talking about read about My Pseudotumor

So tomorrow is the last day of school for my son, ahhh Summer has now begun in Georgia!!! Now I have to think of things to do so I can keep what little sanity I have left. There is a water playground here in town and we are members of the zoo so I see us doing that quite alot. THe beach is also 30 minutes away so we will do that too. I am getting the oldest ones tonsils out on the 13 of June. So that gives me 2 weeks of down time! School will start back August 4th and my husband will leave shortly after for a couple of months. But he'll be home for Christmas. Yeah....he was home last year but left 2 days after and I did not see him again until the end of Feb. That is the Navy Life I live I guess.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr.John said...

Its not just the Navy. When I saw the doctor on Tuesday we discovered the emergency room doctor had failed to send the results of the cat scan to him.

5/18/2006 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww the good old Navy, grrrrr

Sorry you had to get the tetnus, those things hurt for days! I hope the MRI and everything goes well. I have been wondering about the six month thing.

5/18/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I hope having the tests over again will not be harmful to you, Other than the pain of having to do them again.

5/18/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Your school schedule is different than here in Wisconsin. We run September to the first week in June. Here, we wait to start school after Labor Day so the tourist places still have their summer employess until after the holiday.

5/18/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Sorry about your headache..hope all goes well with your tests....those dang tetnus shots sting!

5/18/2006 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home