17 May 2006

My House.....

Sorry to all that expected a post today, therefore you will have it in the morning and it will save me from having to post tomorrow. I was actually a little busy today, believe it or not. I planted grass seed, yet again for the 3rd time. We have a nice sandy back yard. No grass, well I am exaggerating, there are sparce patches but where I want it, it will not grow. We ususally just buy something cheap, but not this time. We went even as far as getting quotes for sod. It is amazing how much they will charge you for a pallet of grass. For my 1/2 acre lot they wanted almost 5 grand for grass. So I bought the $20.00 bag of seed and raked and raked and spread the seed then raked it in and watered. Wish me luck people, someone needs to remind me everyday to water it though. I am horrible at watering the grass, it is just not something you think of. I also got laminate pergo-type flooring for my dining room, there was carpet in there but it is getting ruined from spills and kids so we ripped out the carpet and the hubby and I are laying 108 sq ft of flooring. It is really easy just a little time consuming. We almost got finished tonight but he has to get up at 5 so we quit early!! It is going to look really nice. We have officially been in our house for a year now and we have replace cabinets, countertops, built a deck, painted everything, and now wood flooring in the dining room. I figure if I am paying to live here then I am going to fix it the way I like it!!! Next are the bathroom vanities and sinks. The house had ceramic tile flooring put in before we bought it, the previous owners had just done it and bought all new appliance for the kitchen but failed to replace the way to small cabinets so they were the first thing to go!! They did the floors in the bathroom too but did not replace the cracked sink so I do not know what they were thinking but it is entertaining me for now. Well it is late and I have a busy day yet again tommorrow.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys sure have done a lot to that place. It seems everytime we talk you are improving something. I am all for no carpet. We have it upstairs which I like in the bedrooms. But downstairs we have the wood stuff too. Its pretty and easy to clean. Plus you know you are getting all the dirt too.GMH just moved a couple with no kids in a 3 bedroom house behind us. So if/when I get preggo again, I will raise hell with them, again!

5/17/2006 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the grass. We have rocks instead of sand.

5/17/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

It will look so nice when your done kristi...good luck on the grass....you should be here...we have had rain for days...you wouldnt have to remember to water it! lol

5/17/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wow, that is a lot in one year! We are having the same problem with our lawn...we live on a giant sand lot as well. We have been battling the lawn for five years and last year had a professional come in to treat it with fertilizer, etc but because of no rain, the lawn died. This year, HOH put patching seed down so we are trying it out to see how it works. We are also bad at watering every day but this past week it has rained a lot so we are lucking out there.

Good job on the weight loss!

Now that I am using a different browser I have noticed you have a link to my page, thanks! It made my day... I still have to figure out how to put all my favorites on the side so I can just click on it...it would make my life a lot easier! I will ask HOH to show me this weekend...BYE!

5/17/2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

We have wonderful grass. We have wonderful dandelions. Sometimes you can't see the grass for the dandelions.We don't need to plant we need to unplant. Good luck.

5/17/2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

We have been in this house for about six years. We bought it but it stayed vacant for two years. my plan was to get it to where I wanted it before we moved but Dr. John's illness and retirement changed that. We have been doing a little at a time. We put in central air, a new water heater, a walk in bath, new sink and this year a new furnace.

5/17/2006 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

7/21/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home