04 June 2006

A Crazy Week & NO BOATS


Now that school is out for the Summer, I am not sure where my time has gone. Lately I have been horrible at posting. Everytime I get ready to post, someone needs something. This week we have managed to go to the local waterpark twice, the zoo, and Dylan had his Karate promotion this weekend(he is the one in the red vest in the picture). He is now a yellow belt green tip in Tang Soo Do. He has been in Karate since right after his 4th birthday. We started with Okinawan Karate Do in Connecticut, this was Japanese style. Then upon moving to Georgia they did not have that type locally so we changed to Tang Soo Do, it is Korean. He had to learn new terms and moves for this one but he is flourishing. I think that we are going to let him compete in the end of July.
Well since last weekends excursion on the river my husband has dilligently tried to convince me that we need a boat. When my husband gets an idea in his head he will just about drive you nuts with it. Most of the time I give in and say whatever but not this time. A boat is a lot and beings that he goes out to sea, it would get minimal use. I just do not think it is worth it right now. Maybe in a couple of year when he retires or is on shore duty and has the time to use it. For now we can go to Alabama and use his parents boat and have fun there. He had a boat before when we lived in Connecticut, he loves to fresh water fish and it was a real nice boat, just a little bass boat. He wanted to sell it before we left Connecticut because he would not have time to use it here, and there is not an abundance of fresh water where we are located. So I let him sell it and he did and that is all she wrote. We had a set of jet skis too, this was before we went to connecticut but we sold them because I was pregnant and they would get very little use because the water was so cold. He is always making rash decisions without really thinking them through and I just let him do what he wants. I hate denying him of things that he wants but c'mon now enough is enough. I regretted the whole jet ski thing, I really want them now. He sold them to his uncle so they are in the family still but we never use them, they are in Alabama. I also hate that he got rid of the little bass boat, it served its purpose and it still could be serving. Now he wants a ski boat. NO WAY I do not think so!!! I want a million things but you dont see me getting them. I am protesting the boat. NO BOATS, not now at least. He has even gone so far as to find a local boat on ebay and email the guy about it. Now he is giving the guy false hope and building himself up for a major let down when I say NO!! When is enough, enough???
I am starting to be annoyed by him, I think we have spent too much time together this weekend. Maybe next week will be better!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men! Durk is the same way with workout equipment. Now when does he workout? But he had to have that weight bench. Now he wants a Ipod for when he runs. Have you ever seen him run? HA!

Thats great Dylan is doing so well with teh Karate! I always wanted to do it myself. It is great that you encourage that stuff!

6/04/2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Mimi,
Ash is the same way with all equipment, he needs a new MP3 player, he wants an ipod this time and we just bought a $1300 treadmill with a built in TV and Fan and he wants to sell it already. I said HELL NO!! Your keeping it and running on it

6/04/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

My wife wouldn't let me have a boat either. Of course we couldn't afford one but at that time I wanted one. As you move along in life your wants change but your needs stay pretty much the same.

6/04/2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Men...the only difference between men and boys are the price of their toys! They never want something cheap! LIke a pair of shoes....nope...they want cars, boats etc.

6/05/2006 5:29 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Don't worry about not posting. I miss them and want to know if you are ok but have fun this summer with the family.

I agree with you on the boat thing. My husband has radar for when we finally get something paid off, he wants a new computer or something eeerrrrrrghhh! I need underwear and I have a hard time justifying it!

Good luck with this one!

6/05/2006 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A boat's the last thing on my priority list (being as how I live inland).

I was thinking more of an Aston Martin.

Oh, sorry, day dreaming again!

(But at least I could use it on the roads)

6/05/2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

As Dr John said we never got the boat he wanted we did have a row boat.

In a dream I won a boat but I turned it down it wasn't big enough.

Active kids means active parents.

6/06/2006 12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7/21/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home