09 June 2006

I can get the Job done!!!!!!



Alright the latest battle at the Casa de Chaos is a green pool. Not just any green pool but 4,000+ gallons of green, cloudy water. I have been trying to tackle this beast all week and I have had absolutly no luck what-so-ever!!!

Last week the husband vaccuumed the pool out, it is just a 14ft X 3.5 ft, vinyl pool with the ring at the top. Well this is the first time this season that my husband has helped me with the pool, maybe that is the first problem. I left to take my son to Karate and came home and the pool was free of all leaves but a little on the cloudy side. I just figured that it would settle and go back to normal. NO Why would it do that now??? It gradually got cloudier and cloudier and greener and greener. So on Monday I bought some new test strips and checked all of the levels in the water, I went on the aquachem and put my results in and they analyzed my water. I got a nifty printout that told me everything I needed down to how much I needed to put in. So on Tuesday, I bought PH stuff, clarifier, shock, algaecide, and some other junk. Spent all day putting this crap in the pool and no positive results. I have cleaned the filter with the fancy filter cleaner that they sell and nope nothing. The pool is so gross and the kids just want to swim. But I am not going to let this pool get me, nope, I will not be had by a freaking pool. SO I shocked it again, someone else gave me this advice and still nothing, it looks no better, so tonight I cleaned the filter and added a super dose of chlorine, seems I have forgot to put it in since Sunday.....ooops certainly that is not the whole problem. Well I guess I will find out in the morning.

We are leaving tomorrow for Weeki Wachee Springs, It is a natural spring here in Florida and they have the only live mermaid show left in the country. I have never been but it looks to be quite interesting. They also have a water park that is spring fed. So I guess I will not be posting this weekend but I will have stories for you all on Monday. Unless a gator gets me, then you will all see me on the news I guess. Speaking of alligators, here on the Naval Base they have a 9ft gator in the pond by the running track, they had to remove it due to all of the recent attacks in Florida. Those things are not taken lightly around here!!!

My son is going on Tuesday morning to get his tonsils removed. So be thinking of us then. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fun - have a great weekend!

(Time to let someone else clean the pool! :D)

6/09/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Hmmmm....what is the deal with the pool? Sorry, I have no clue but I hope it gets straigtened out soon. Have fun this weekend!

6/09/2006 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever our pool's machinery broke and the water went dark green, we swam in it anyway. Gross though. I would not do it now! Good luck with it!

Can't wait to hear about the mermaid show! Have a fun and safe trip.

Thoughts and prayers are with Dylan!

6/09/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

my pool has a green tint to it to...I went to town yesterday and bought a bunch of chemicals.....it may be a little clearer today....Ill tell you what we need kristi....we need lifeguards...that take care of the chemicals too......about 35 yrs old with buff bodies...oh yeahhhh....you with me girl?

6/09/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

TC,I am about ready to hire someone but I do not think that it will be worth the money, I'd rather just refill it!!

Lori,I think we are going to have an awesome time this weekend, I will post pictures on Monday hopefully.

Mimi, the kids are still swimming in the pool despite the green hue!!

Kendra,I am trying not to just pop the pool, I figure I will have all next week with Dylan down for his tonsils. I saw that the girl from American Idol was going to be there, I guess no one wanted to sign her!!

Catch,I am so ready for a POOL BOY!!!! You just don't know. You should find us some hot young ones. I will be on the look out.

6/09/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Your story does two things for me. It makes me glad we don't have a pool and it reminds me of the pool at a camp ground we stayed at when the kids were young.The picture on the brochure was beautiful but the pool itself was full of ugly green stuff.

6/09/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Hi Kristi, I came across your comment through Catch's blog, and had to say, Please love your body. Your body gave you 2 beautiful miracles. Long story short, On Feb. 21 my body gave me a miracle, but he died on Feb. 22. of this year. Body immage is something I have none of right now. At least you have your 2 to honour. I'll be thinking of you and your baby when he gets into the hospital.
Best wishes
Karen
P.s I hope I don't sound like a crazy lady preaching. I don't mean that at all

6/09/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger L said...

Hi Kristi,
I had had (long story)a pool last year you need one of those round floatie things that you stick a chlorine tablets in and does your pump hold a chlorine tablet inside of it if it does put one in there and there is a chemical you can by that you put drops in the water and it clears it up if all else fails go with the HOT pool guy. ;)

6/10/2006 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home