13 June 2006

Mermaids, Roller Coasters & Now Alberto!!!!

Well I promised you all pictures from our weekend!!! We had an awesome time, I did not take a whole lot of pictures because I forgot about my camera. This is a picture from the underwater Mermaid show at Weeki Wachee Springs. The did The Little Mermaid, I know how original, but I really enjoyed it!!! During the show there were fish and turtles swimming all around the mermaids, apparently where they perform at is 14 feet under the water. The waterpark was also neat, 3 of the slides emptied out into the spring and the water was cold. It is 72-74 degrees year round and as warm as that sounds it is still frigid!!!
Here is a picture of my little pearls!!! Aren't they darling!!! They really had a good time, I kept trying to convince my oldest that the mermaid was real but he wasn't going for it!!!
We just so happened to stumble upon this mermaid for a photo opportunity, I can't imagine having to learn how to swim in that lycra tail!! You can see the water park in the back ground.
On Sunday we ended up going to Busch Gardens. Thanks to Anheiser-Busch they honor the military each year with free admission into any one of their parks so we chose Busch Gardens Tampa this year. I was a little hesitant about going, I hate rollercoasters and I would have rather went to Sea World. I was also worried about the crowds, anyone know that a theme park in Florida in the Summer is not a good thing, that is when everyone else and their mother is there. Well Busch Gardens was absolutly empty. I kid you not we rode every single ride in the park and some of them multiple times. I hate the roller coasters but I managed to get over my fear and ride every single one. I think it was a little to do with peer pressure!!!!

This is a computer image of the Sheikra, yes I rode it. I did not take any pictures so I had to find this on the internet. This has a 90 degree drop and 70 miles and hour from 300 feet up!!! I did this last because I was scared shitless. Everyone says that I should be able to ride every single roller coaster in the country now. Gee...I am excited now!! We left the park at 9:30 last night and got home around 2am. We are all tired but all in all we had a great time and I am glad that I got the opportunity to go. Tomorrow is my son's Tonsilectomy. They changed our time from 10am to 6am so I should be in bed right now but I promised everyone that I would post.

Now you see after this awesome weekend we just did escape the grips of Alberto. Apparently we are going to see the effects of the storm this week here on the East coast of Florida/Georgia. We really need the rain my baby grass is looking sad but its hanging on.

For all of you that read about my pool dilemma, we are over it now, the pool is nice and clear. I have put so much chlorine in it that I am sure it is safer to drink than the city water!!!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend...........

10 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

I cant believe you rode that coaster!!! I never ride them....the scare the heck outta me. You are one brave gal!!!! Im glad you all had a good time and wish your son well on his t&a. Buy lots of popsicles!!!

6/13/2006 2:40 AM  
Blogger L said...

Your two pearls are adorable how old are they Kristi?
What a wonderful weekend i have never been there I will have to check it out.
Alberto is giving us lots of much needed rain.

6/13/2006 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be able to ride any coaster even though I was scared shitless. I screamed cuss words the whole time.But now with my vertigo issues I don't geton them cause I get sick. But I could never do the rickety wooden ones. They always made me sick too. Anyway, I am proud of you girl.

I am glad you had a good family weekend. The mermaid thing seem sso neat. But I would have prefered a story other tham Little Mermaid too. I have onlt been to Busch Gardens in VA.I am glad the pool dilema is over. Hope your grass gets better! And I hope that the storm doesn't hit you hard!

You guys are in my prayers as always, but especially with the storm and Dylan's tonsils!

6/13/2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Funny...
My daughter loves rollercoasters and my husband hates them... so i have to ride all of them as I do not mind them...(Except the ones that go backwards... that's where I draw the line...)
My husband loves to drive... He gets a real kick out of a good road trip...
My daughter and I get car sick... Go figure!

6/13/2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Sounds like a blast! 2 years ago we went to Sea World for free for military. It's always a fun time...

and yay for you and the pool! :)

6/13/2006 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look out!

That clam's eating your kids!

(Did you get them back eventually by holding the mermaid hostage?)

6/13/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I always rode every coaster when I was young b ut not any more. It sounds like you had a great time. thanks for sharing family pictures with us. I have my grandkids here this week and Betty is posting picturs on her blog. My son was in high school when he had his tonsils out. The day after he came home he was out playing tennis and spitting out blood. I had to drag him home from the tennis court. Still they survived.

6/13/2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Crazy Dan said...

Usually I am a lurker but I figured I might comment this time. I LOVE COSTERS!! It sounds like you had an awesome time at Bush Gardens. I have never been to the theme parks in Florida but after looking at those mermaids I may have to drop by and check out those floatation devices, I means really a play underwater how wild is that!!

6/14/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I hate rollercoasters but I have been on them. It is that peer pressure. Pray that all goes well tomarrow.

6/14/2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Great mermaid pictures....I showed them to my daughter. Glad the pool is swimmable now and you escaped Alberto.

I was thinking of you last night when I went to check our grass....some is growing and some is not. We will keep trying.

Hope the surgery went ok...we will be waiting to hear how it went.

6/15/2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home