20 June 2006

Its official....I am a college student...yet again!!!


Well today I had to meet with my student advisor. I am officially back into school and this time I am really excited. I have signed up for Microbiology, this is the class that always seems to be full when I need to enroll. I had to get into this class for the nursing program. I am going to be growing bacteria and neat stuff. I love these kinds of classes. The only problem is the new school I am enrolled in requires more for the nursing program than the school 30 minutes away. I need the Micro class for both schools so I am going to take it and I just might transfer back down to the other school when it is all said and done. According to the college here, I need a literature class, another math, a political science, 3 physical education classes, and something else. But the one in florida I need the micro and a math. Go Figure!!! So I am sure through the fall you will be reading the trials and tribulations of a stay at home mom back in college with kids that were in kindergarten when she was in high school!!!!!
Anyway I had to call a babysitter in so I could go to the school and decided to have lunch with my friend to make it worth my while since I was already paying her for the college thing. I needed the quiet time with out the darn kids and it was worth the money.

By the way for any of you parents out there, what are babysitters charging now a days? My friend had a sitter on Friday night and she charged $5 an hour for one kid. Mine takes 5 for 2 kids or even 3 if my friends kid was here.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what sitters charge. Back when I babysat at 12 I got $20 for about 4 hours for 2 kids.

Glad you are going back to school!:)

6/20/2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

way to go!!! Back to school! Thats great Kristi! I dont know what babysitters charge..I babysit for free...thats why my kids love me!!! LMAO

6/20/2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

all the best with that kristi :)

thought I would pop over and say hi.

6/20/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I envy you. I really enjoyed going back to school when I worked on my Doctor's degree. It was hard being a pastor and going to school at the same time. But it was great. I enjoyed a;most every minute of it. Again, I envy you.

6/20/2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Good for you going back to school.
It has been thirty years since I needed a baby sitter, so I can't help you with what to pay.
Even less help is that I charged .25 cents an hour when I babysat.

6/21/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am so proud of you for going back to school. Let's see, we have only gotten a sitter twice and both times we paid $5 per hour for two kids.

6/21/2006 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Never mind nursing, after all that you'll be able to apply for Marie Curie's job!

6/21/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger L said...

Congrats on going back to school1

I just watched a special on fox news on babysitting and they said now days the going rate is $10 an hour.

6/22/2006 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home