19 June 2006

My Computer Chair Dilemma


Well my lesson for this weekend is, I spend too much time at my computer. My beloved chair has broken!!! My husband said my big ass broke the welds. That makes me feel real good!!! Just kidding, he sits here too!!! Now I have to steadily balance myself while typing, this has become sort of a challenge for me. This chair is not that old and it did cost quite a bit. If you look closely at the back of the chair you will see the yellow foam peeking out, this is where my kitty cat, Trouble had the misconception that this was her scratching post. I tried everything to deter her from doing it but in the end she won!!! Yesterday I was at the computer getting ready to blog and I was talking on the phone, I forgot that I could not lean back and I did. My husband had to come and rescue me!! Now I am on the lookout for a new chair, and it has to be comfortable.

Yesterday we went to see the movie Cars. I really enjoyed this one and I can't wait for it to come to dvd. It was 2 hours long but it held my youngest sons attention for the whole thing. My friends daughter was not as interested in watching it she lost attention about a hour into it. But not my Avery, man he was in his zone!! My friend Alison cooked Father's Day dinner for my husband, he has been an acting father to her daughter since she seperated from her husband and moved down here. We had a really nice time. I hope everyone else out there had a nice day yesterday too.

I must tell you a funny story before I go, on Saturday night we were in the garage playing pool and the door opened and smoke billowed out from my house. It seems that my 3 year old son, who wanted to watch cartoons decided that he wanted a piece of pizza from earlier heated back up. He somehow figure out the microwave and cooked his pizza until it started to flame up. When I got in the kitchen the microwave had 5 minutes of cooking time left on it. Needless to say my house smells and it was full of smoke. Has anyone ever burned a bag of popcorn, it was 10 times worse, it took your breath away to smell it. Now the microwave is on the back porch and Avery is not allowed to cook anymore.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Don't you hate when you pay a lot for a chair and it falls apart? Hello?????They can put a man on the moon but they cannot make a chair last very long. They should make it life long and make it kitty proof while they are at it!

Read you father's day post, seems like a lot of people for whatever reason do not have the best fathers (myself included). At least we learned what NOT to do as a parent and married great guys.

6/19/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

My first chair had a short life but the one that replaced it is still in great shape. Hope you find a new chair.

6/19/2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Get a new chair. I don't want to read in your blog that you ended up in the emergency room. I took my three grandsons to Cars and they loved it. I enjoyed it too even though I didn't expect to.

6/19/2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man I can't stand the smell of unburned popcorn,let alone burned so I so feel for you!I can't believe he figured that out! LMAO! I once put chinese in the microwave still in the cartoon with the metal handle! Yeah that did not end well!

Computer chairs die quick in our house. Its cause Durk plops down so damn hard on them. He has broken quite a few chairs!

That was real nice of Alison to cook Ash dinner. I noticed in the pics you sent me little Ashleys hair has gotten so long!

6/19/2006 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...sounds like he confused minutes with seconds! :D

6/20/2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Have to laugh about Avery cooking popcorn!!!! And your chair!!! LOL>..I am rolling here!

6/20/2006 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get you self a new Ergonomic Office Chair , and give your husband the bill for it, lock the cat away.
All will be fine..

8/22/2007 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home