22 June 2006

What do I write??


So I lost my financial aid for school this year. My husband re-enlisted and the bonus posted on Jan 1, 2005 so when I figured my financial aid that was factored in, making us look like we actually had money. Now I am going to have to pay for my classes out of pocket, which really is no biggie. Next year the 07-08 school year I will more than likely have my financial aid back and be in the swing of things. But the financial aid worker at the college gave me a scholarship form, I am sure that I really would not be a canidate for the scholarship, there are people out there with much better grades and higher needs than I so I figured what the heck....give it a try. Well I have had this form for almost a month and it needs to be turned in by June 30th for consideration. The only thing stopping me from doing the application is the paper I need to attach. I have to write a paragraph about my career choice and career and personal goals and accomplishments, my work experience, and why I think I deserve the scholarship. I have never written a paper all about me. How does one write about themself??? I am not even sure of who I am and what it is that I desire. I know I want to be a nurse because I am a helper by nature. I also feel that I am taking on a great challenge, going to school while being a mom and wife. But how do you put all of that into words??
I have started to write this but seem to have writers block. I have 8 more days something has got to come to me.

By the way we just decided today that we are going to Daytona on the 1st for the Pepsi 400 race. I am excited I have always wanted to go to a Nascar race but have never had a chance. The inlaws are coming to watch the kids and I am going to have a blast.

9 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Yeah you are going to be in town.

Just relax and write what comes from the heart if it becomes to over whelming step back from it and then go back later.

6/22/2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I agree with the others, write from the heart.
Have a good time at the races.

6/23/2006 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try jotting a little bit down as it occurs to you then "assemble" it all together.

We know you'll do a good job of it.

6/23/2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I know how hard it is. When I worked on my Doctor's degree I had to write one of those papers. it was worse than any test or any class I took. But I got it done and you can too.

6/23/2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Go from the heart Sweety....cant go wrong with that. You will have a blast at the races....take pics for us!

BTW..Im filling my pool back up again....lol.

6/23/2006 7:52 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

YOu can do it...
Take your time and write the great letter... Nothing ventured nothing gained...
And have a great time watching the race...TIme just to chill and enjoy the moment!

6/24/2006 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The race does sound like a blast and I am not even a Nascar fan! LOL! Plus it will be kid free which is always nice now and then.

I write so little more than my signature now that when I do my hand hurts right away! LOL! But seriously, I know you will do fine. As Lori said write what comes from your heart.You have a good heart so you can't go wrong that way!;)

6/25/2006 12:45 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I was just listening to the radio on the way home from Dr. John's and Jeff Gordon won his first race of the year and they were talking about going to Daytona for the next race.

6/25/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Hey...why dont you join yahoo games and we can play scrabble together...when Mimi comes home we are going to play....you and I and Mimi could have a 3 some. WOW..I have never had a 3 some, have you???? LMAO

6/26/2006 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home