27 June 2006

A Change of Plans



Well with that said, I am a little pissed today and this is the only place I can vent and say what it is that I really need and want to say. I WAS supposed to go to Daytona this weekend for a Nascar race. My best friend, Alison, had been asked to go by a guy off of my husbands boat. Well the guy asked if we wanted to go too, but we had a limit on the amout of money that we wanted to spend. Now back to Alison, we set her up with this guy and he is really nice, has a good personality but he is a little chubby. Well she kept telling us that she was not physically attracted to him but she really liked him. She made it a point that I knew and understood that there were no sparks between them. I told her the best thing she could do was to tell him that it would not evolove far from a friendship anytime soon. Well now back to the race situation....we told the guy that we had $200 dollars and we were entrusting him to get good seats. He was gung-ho about it or so we thought. We never talked directly to him it was always through Alison. She made it sound like he was going to be purchasing the tickets soon so we were guaranteed 4 seats together. He was supposedly going to Daytona on Friday to get them and that we needed to just trust him....well he calls her on Friday night to tell her that he couldn't find any good seats for less than 140 a piece. This was fine with us, had he called us we would have ok'd it and we would now be on our way. Well he then told us that he was going to bid on tickets on ebay and that the auction was closing out on Sunday night and that these were awesome seats. Well he lost the auction but did not bother to tell us once again. He bid 3 minutes before the auction ended and never bid again. THe tickets sold for way less than we were willing to pay!!!! Well in between him telling us about the auction and the auction ending, Saturday night Alison decided to tell him that she was not looking for anything serious and that she wanted to be just friends. And she did not talk to him again until Monday. Well of course we think that he is mad at her and decided not to go to the race period. Then we finally go a hold of him yesterday, he proceeds to tell us that you can just get tickets at the gate when you get there on Saturday, that is how he is going to get theirs. Well that is a chance that we just do not feel like we want to take, driving 2 hours to Daytona, just to get cheap crappy tickets because we waited until last minute. But this guy and Alison would end up sitting somewhere nice because he has the money to spend, after all he did ask us to go too. So with that we decided to pull out of the deal last night, I think he was relieved but we were just turned off by all of the bull shit that we were going through. But Alison she is really working this whole thing to her advantage, her "friend" is still taking her, so she is playing the neutral card and going with everything that he has said about the whole situation. He has made us out to be the jerks in the deal and now either one of them do not understand why we were in the rush for the tickets. See she has nothing to loose here, he is paying her way and without us she will get to sit in the better seats. Through this situation she has become the fair weather friend. We do not have the better offer for her so she is going to stay where the getting is good. She has known us for 4 years and him for 3 weeks. I think I see where her loyalty lies. I have always seen that she was never left out of anything but now I am starting to wonder why I did any of this for her. I am really bitter right now, she is now blaming it all on lack of communication, hell we were communicating through her from the get go!!!!! What should I do, How should I be feeling????

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr.John said...

Believe me nobody can tell you how to feel. Feelings can't be turned on and off but they can be ignored. The best thing to do is to forget it. It will just make you miserable to think on it. It will get worse every time you run it through your mind. Forget it. Find something good to do on Saturday and enjoy it.

6/28/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I think your friend Allison may be a "user"...you and hubby go out to dinner Saturday night and have a good time and in the future dont worry about Allison being included in anything. If she asks you why she wasnt included in something just say....musta been a lack of communication!

6/28/2006 2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, s**** her if you ask me. Sounds farcical.

Forget her and go do something better, like Catch says.

Don't let it ruin your day, just don't let it happen again.

6/28/2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Wow, that sucks for you guys. Well, look on the bright side, you wont have to get in all that race traffic this weekend!

I would never trust that friend again. But then again, I trust few people anyway.

6/28/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I agree with Dr John..forget it..friends do things that hurt from time to time..but its still annoying!! I feel for you.
Thanks for the visit to my blog:)

6/28/2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Well, I would be ticked and I liked Catch's answer.

How inconsiderate of her, I am angry at her for hurting you because you are a good person and do not deserve this kind of treatment.

I would let it go and not invite her to other functions or if you do, get the tickets yourself and make her get her own. Frankly, this guy does not sound like a great catch either so I would not want to be stuck sitting next to him.

6/29/2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Go find something enjoyble on Saturday to do. You feel angry and hurt and you have a right to but don't let it get you down.

6/29/2006 3:13 AM  
Blogger Chrisk67 said...

Kristi,
Thank you for the comment on Chicago Sunsets. It is nice to see different views every day from the 37th floor. I have read this post and I too agree with Dr. John. fair weather = hurtful friends -- and their is always soemthing better to do after it all gets sorted out. It was a great race an I hope that you had a chance to watch it. I just wished it didn't end under caution. Be well and thank you for visiting, come back again.
Chrisk67

7/02/2006 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home