17 July 2006

He got his way or did I just get mine!!!

I am starting to believe that we women do not have it all figure out. Last night my husband got his way, you know that iPod deal I have been talking about. Well I had it all decided in my mind and I even told him that he was not going to get it. I agreed with everyones posts from the my last iPod dilemma, I should have bought it for him then bought myself something really really nice. Well a couple of days ago I asked my husband if he really needed this iPod that badly. Of course his answer was yes!!! Then I said fine, go ahead and get it but you owe me, he tells me that I can get the wrap I have been wanting to add to my wedding ring set. I said no that is not good enough I WANT and NEED something better. I want something I never had before. He asks what is it.....I replied, I want a honeymoon. Ooooh lay the guilt on him at that point. He then tells me that he doesn't need the iPod and that we should do the vacation thing. You see when we got married, it was over Thanksgiving and he had to be back at work on Monday. We stayed our wedding night at a Best Western, oh the romance was really kicking. My husband told me that he ran out of time because he was going to put flowers in the room and champange. He always does that, tells me what he was going to do when he did not get around to it. Well I left my son with my mother and returned with him to Georgia for our 1 week honeymoon, he went to work everyday and I stayed in a hotel room. I think we went out to eat. Nothing memorable because I can not remember it at this point in time.
Well I have always longed for the honeymoon of my dreams, whatever that really is. I have been on vacations to islands and tropical locations but I want us to go somewhere, me and him. No kids, no friends, no family.
Last night we went to Wal-Mart and they had the iPod in stock, oh my god only 1 left. He got his way, he bought it but I told him he owes me BIG time. He will be on leave during the Thanksgiving holiday which is also our anniversary..Nov 25th. We will have been married 6 years this year. I am getting my friggin honeymoon. My parents in Alabama are watching the kids and by god I am going somewhere, I just need to figure out where. I want to go to the islands because it will be warm. He wants to do a cruise. Why I say he is on a cruise for like 80 days at a time, so what if you do not get to see the sun or the water. So I need some Ideas....I am going to plan it and book it while he is gone.

My Fellow Bloggers, I need your help..........Gimme some ideas Please

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cruise to the islands? (I'm with you, why does he want to be on a ship?! On the other hand, he'll have a heck of a time wandering off without you ...)

7/17/2006 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about...

Hawaii
Trinidad/Tobago
Fiji

Go mad - it's time!

7/17/2006 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well having been to a couples only resort,Sandals in Jamaica I would recommend that. But you have been there so I dunno if would waNNA GO AGAIN. But whereevr you go I owul do a couples only place so you can enjoy some totally free kid noise time. And the aLL INCLUSIVE stuff is nice cause you just walk in any restaurant and order as mush as you want and do not pay,not even a tip. It was awesome and I really recommend it.

I do not like cruise ships, I do not see the point. And I dont want you to go missing so dont do that please.

I am still not used to this keyboard, can you tell?

7/17/2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I never took vactions without the kids so I'm of no help.I hope you plan something that will make you really happy.

7/17/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

my idea would be to go to a beach...any beach...nice hotel...all meals out...laying on the beach all day...dancing and clubbing at night...sleeping in till noon the next day and start all over again!

7/17/2006 11:31 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Yeah, Catch's idea would be good. :)

But are you a "beach person"?

Or are you a "city person"?

Cuz if so, you could go to D.C., Atlanta, NYC....and see plays, eat dinner out, go to clubs...just depends on what you like to do...

7/18/2006 12:13 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Mauii or waikiki beach, or st.lucia, or or or. I think you have already been given some great suggestions. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to hear soon where you will go. :)

7/18/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

OOOH! How fun!! My hubby and I never got a honeymoon either. He was in flight school at the time and we only had 2 nights before we had to be back. We planned on going to Europe the next year. We got pregnant instead. Oops! So we went to Hawaii and had a "honeymoon" with our daughter in tow. Oh well.

Kauai is gorgeous and romantic. Somewhere cold could be romantic too. Big Bear or Tahoe, New York City for the THanksgiving parade, somewhere in Canada to snuggle up in front of a fire....

7/18/2006 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home