08 July 2006

I am up early this moring so I figured I would hurry up and post

Well last night we went to see Pirates of the Carribean, this is the 3rd movie I have ever seen on opening night. Almost all of the shows were sold out but we ended up getting seats to the 8pm showing. We got to the theatre at 6pm originally to see it, so while we waited we went to dinner and Target and came back in time to get great seats. Well the movie was awesome, we had the youngest with us and it kept his attention without really scaring him, he just had to keep peeing during the whole movie which got kind of annoying. At the 2 hour point he finally fell asleep and woke up right as it was ending!!! I highly recommend this movie to all that are thinking of seeing it.


Well I am up early this morning, my husband has to work today and stand his first day of duty so he will be sleeping on the Submarine tonight. He offically has two homes now, he keeps clothes, bedding, and toiletries on the boat now so the move has begun. Before you know it everything that is important to him, with the exception of me and the kids, will be on that submarine. He stands a roving patrol but they stand it in 4 hr shifts and 2 shifts per duty day so at some point he is going to be up in the middle of the night. Tomorrow he will come home and need to sleep for a couple hours, refit has begun!!!!! They are doing turnover today, which means the other crew will turn the boat over to his crew along with all of its problems, and refit is the time during which all of these problems will be fixed. I just thought I would fill you in with a little terminology.

Well I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far, it is supposed to be beautiful here today so I am thinking of making my way to the beach at some point. It has rained for the past 2 days making it really dreary here

12 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I am glad you posted all that info, I never knew how that worked before! I really feel for you while at the same I am proud of you! When does he ship out this time?

I am proud of him too, and all our troops.

7/08/2006 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We wanna see the movie bad but since we have no sitter we have to wait till it is on video, just like all the other movies we wanna see.

If Ash could he would keep you guys under his bunk too;)

Have a great weekend! Enjoy the beach!

7/08/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

My granddaughter can't wait to see the movie.
Thank you for the information I am clue less in that area

7/08/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I am going to see Pirates tonight, I am excited! I've heard mostly positive reviews, and I am getting jittery just thinking about going tonight!! I am glad you lilked it, even if you did have bathroom interrruptions! LOL

Mimi could simply ask her neighbor Cissa to babysit one night, but she never takes her up on the offer!!

Mel - Kristi isn't allowed to give out specific dates of the boat schedule. t is against the law, and she can get in big trouble, get thrown in jail, and her husband can get in trouble to. She can mention vague periods of time, but other than that, no way! As the old saying goes - Loose Lips Sink Ships!

7/08/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Thanks for kee[ing us non-military people informed...I do find it interesting and support our troops and families.

My husband and daughter are seeing the Pirates movie tomorrow. Have fun at the beach!

7/08/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Many people (though not enough) remember to appreciate the sacrifices of our military men, but they forget about the sacrifices of their families. Thank you for being the wife of a military man. Thank you for the things you forgo to help ensure my liberty and freedom.

Thanx for stopping by my blog.

7/08/2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Oh I wish there was a beach near us! I sure miss the sea. My son, just got out of the marines, relocated here for college and is seriously missing being beside the ocean (was stationed in san diego).

Hope you have a great weekend.


Military families are never out of my thoughts and I'm sending my support, and thanks to your hubby.

7/08/2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger L said...

I am in the same boat as Mimi I want to see it but no sitter.

Go to the beach and relax and soak up some rays with sunscreen.

If you need to talk just email me.

7/08/2006 11:39 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

enjoy your day at the beach Kristi... thanks for the review on the movie...I watch them all on pay per view...lol

7/09/2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Hmmm don't know if my husband is ready for round 2 with the Bad Boy conversation with my daughter...
But I certainly am...
Enjoy your moments with your husband and family... thinking of you...

7/10/2006 1:49 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I am thankful that people like you and your husband are willing to put up with so much to keep us safe. I think its great of you.
I may go see the movie but I still haven't seen Superman.

7/10/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

It was a good movie but the ending could have been a little more like an ending.

7/11/2006 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home